Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, October 3, 2014

This and That






Happy Friday friends! This morning, one of my dearest and best friends is welcoming a beautiful baby girl into her family! Prayers please for Amanda and the Adams family as Amanda gives birth this morning! Blessings to you and your family Amanda, love you and pray for The Lord's guiding peace upon you! :)


 
I thought it might be fun to start today's post with a little Throw Back Thursday photo, on Friday! Oops! yes, I started writing this post yesterday, bud sadly didn't have enough time in the day to post it until this morning.
This is a picture of Rich and me from our very first date fourteen years ago this week,( we were only seventeen years old)! Yep! That's right, Rich and I first met on September 29th, 2000... and we have never been apart since!
Happy 14 years babe!
 
We checked our seeds this morning,(remember the ones we planted a few weeks ago?) well, with all of the itch-ies  last week, we completely forgot about the seeds until this morning.
 
Here is our before picture from when we first placed them in a baggie.
 


And... here are the seeds today!


Such a fun, natural learning experience!


Robbie was pretty excited about, "Bible School" this week. Robbie was asked to be the line leader of the rope, ( you know the big rope with all of the circles that all the little children hold onto on their way out to play.) He was beyond thrilled , because they also asked him to hold the flag as he lead the way! Awesome, little man!





I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday for material and yarn to make Robbie and the twins Halloween costume. Robbie is going to be a squirrel and the twins are each going to be acorns! I love this years costumes and can't wait for Halloween!

While we were searching for squirrel material and yarn, Robbie stumbled upon this fun little house!



As you can imagine, Robbie had to have this! I had  a 40 % off coupon and thought , Why not? It was only $ 10.00 !


It is really fun, because once it is all set-up your child can color the outside and then play house inside!
We set it up last night and we had hours of fun!


I fact, the whole family got in on this.


 I have always wanted to make one of those tie fleece blankets. I found this fabric which was on sale for 30% off the original price. I was able to make a tie blanket for Robbie and I have pleanty of the brown fleece left over for Robbie's squirrel Halloween costume!

here is Robbie's new blanket that really only took me about an hour.


I think he really likes his new blanket!



Have a happy Friday and a great weekend friends!
Blessings,

 

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family