Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ketchup Day






I know I have shared this story before, but here it goes again... when I was in first grade, my teacher would give us a catch-up day every once in awhile to catch-up on all of our missed work. Mrs. Robertson would let us all know it was a catch-up day because she would put a large Ketchup bottle on her desk.
Well friends, life is busy and motherhood, babies, a hubby in law school and just life has gotten in the way. I have much to catch- up on... so here we go! I have been a really bad mama and I never posted a 4 month update for my little twins! :( The fourth month brought lots of new and exciting changes!


So here is a 4/5 month update on my boys! Jacob started rolling from both tummy to back and from back to tummy. The boys have grown so big and tall and healthy. They are both so smiley and social and love to smile and coo at everyone we meet! About two weeks ago, just a few days after turning five months old, Joey started rolling as well. They are both due for a well baby check-up and we are in the process of looking for a new Pediatrician who is willing to accommodate our beliefs on vaccines... so I do not have weights and stats on the boys just yet.


 

Here are my little guys at five months old. I can't believe they will be half a year old next week!!! Where oh where does the time go?? We love you so much, our little twins!


 

 



Dear Joseph and Jacob,
At night, Daddy and I watch you both while you are fast asleep in your crib and we are overwhelmed with the awesomeness of our God! He made you both, kept you safe in my tummy for all of those months .


There were quite a few times throughout my pregnancy with you two that we thought we might lose you. We put you both in the hands of our great and powerful Lord. It is so amazing to me to see you both here, safe and sound. God is so good!
I love you my little men!
 

The picture above just cracks me up, because it so captures the personalities of these two little guys!
Jake on the left is just angelic,  (and I know , I know... every mom thinks their child is angelic and I am sure I will be called pretentious), but Jacob really does have the sweetest, most kind and gentle personality and demeanor. Jacob is always smiling and always willing to try to smile through any tears and make the best of every situation.

On the other hand, my dear little JoJo on the right smiles all the time, but fusses when he doesn't get his way. He can be in a bad mood and within seconds we can get him to laugh and coo like a little bird. I love that although they have totally different personalities they are both such happy babies and we couldn't ask for anything more!

Oh and this one is for you Auntie Summer!
We had a little intruder during our photo shoot with the twins! Sound familiar???
 


 

And that pretty much ended the photo shoot! :) ha



In other news, we bought this huge stroller and I LOVE IT!!!! It seats four but we use the fourth seat for the diaper bag... well for now anyway. :) Hopefully we will be able to fill that fourth seat one day!
 

 


Okay so I'm so excited because it's Fall!

Well, maybe not officially, but it's September and that is close enough for me! Let's bust out the cable knit chunky sweaters, cute scarves, boots, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, Pumpkin everything from candles to bread!!! Yep... Bring it!!!

In the spirit of the season my mom and Robbie helped me decorate around the house!
















Love this time of year!!!!



I'm also happy that the new season of 19 Kids and Counting is back on!
Can I just tell you how adorable Jill and Derick are together!
Congrats to them!



Photo


Robbie had his first dentist appointment this past week. I had no clue that dentists recommend taking your child to the dentist on their first birthday. Any of you out there know this?



Well, we didn't know and so Robbie's first dentist appointment just happened this week at three years old. Robbie did so well! He didn't cry, scream, fuss or fidget. He was so grown up, calm, cool, collected and cooperative! Robbie sat through x-rays and a cleaning for a grand total of 45 min. in the chair!  Love my little man! He truly is growing up! :) So proud of you Rob!
We talked up the dentist  to Robbie for weeks! Here are a few tips for a smooth visit to the dentist for your child's first visit.





Start talking about the Dentist with your child.
Explain to them what the Dentist does ( checks your teeth, counts your teeth etc...)
Read aloud children's books to your little one about visiting the dentist.
We read:

We also watched


Robbie loves Peppa Pig and was thrilled to ride up and down in the dentist's chair because,
"That's what Peppa did!" .

When it comes to young children, the more they know about an unfamiliar situation will help ease any anxiety or uncertainty.



Time to check those chompers!


Robbie loved the birds outside the window that he was able to watch during his check-up .


I think his favorite part of the visit was playing the video games in the waiting area!


Well friends, I'm off to bed! Goodnight! :)
Blessings,
 

2 comments:

bella said...

Your three boys are just adorable!

Auntie Summer said...

HAHAHAHA! oh my goodness Robbie, you absolutely have some of that Auntie Summer older sibling thing in you! And I LOVE it!! Haha :) I'm glad it isn't just me! I mean ... wasn't just me... surely I don't do that anymore :p

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family