Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Getting Back To Normal

When it starts to get cool enough to sleep with the window open....
Happy Sunday morning friends! I hope this post finds you all well and in good spirits. Earlier this week, sickness came upon Camelot!


All three of my little monkeys have been battling a cold/ upper respiratory infection and Robbie has been getting over an ear infection this week. So, my week has been met with the demands of three little sickies and many sleepless nights. Things are beginning to look up though... we are on the downfall of the infection. A huge praise! Also, Rich and I never caught the bug floating around our house and managed to remain well. I thought I would share this fun little tip I found on Pinterest.

Next time anyone in your family is on medication, grab a Sharpie marker and keep track of doses right on the bottle! With three little guys taking three different meds and antibiotics, it can be hard to remember and keep track of who took what and when. This is a  nice  way to simplify life! :)
Keep track of kid's medicine




We have also started the homeschool year and curriculum with Robbie this week for the 2014/ 2015 school year. I have combined several different curriculum this year for my little guys, both from Preschool and Kindergarten standards ( more on that later this week). This week Robbie's lessons were all structured around the letter (X). The theme for the week has been God's word is a treasure, which happens to be Robbie's Bible verse for the week as well! This is such a true concept, what a privilege and treasure it is to be able to freely study God's word... our treasure!






 I started Bible Study Fellowship again this week and this year our study is on the life of Moses! I  just can't wait!

 Robbie was suppose to start the Wednesday morning Preschool BSF program while I am at the adult program. He has been dreaming of starting this program all summer and was so disappointed that he was unable to go this past week because of his sick bug. :( We are all hoping he will start, "Bible School", ( as he calls it) this Wednesday. I have a story to share with you all today. It has been a long time since I have posted one of my mom's stories from her book, " At Least A Thousand", so here we go with today's story!




Butterscotch George
By: Robin Sieverling
At Least A Thousand

I didn't like Kindergarten, and I was frightened of it. I remember working myself into a tizzy of stomachaches, and sometimes even creating a fever because of school anxiety. In retrospect, I think the reason was because I was too young and immature to be attending elementary school. I was the youngest in my class, and I had not attend pre-school.

I remember endless morning filled with tears, pleading with my mother to, "take me home!" My mother told me to ask God to send my guardian angel to watch over me while we were apart, so I did! I think my guardian angel was Butterscotch George!

We weren't allowed many sweet treats while growing up, because our mother was a Diabetic. She didn't want us to become Diabetic therefore; she was extremely strict concerning our sugar intake. We were allowed ice cream on Saturday evenings, while watching "The Lawrence Welk Show." We were also allowed sweets on our birthdays and on holidays.

My guardian angel was unaware of our "sweets" rule. Butterscotch George would slip me a piece of butterscotch  candy wrapped in golden cellophane. Oh, how that wrapper glistened in the sunlight, with the morning's bright sun rays shining on it!

When George would see me at the crosswalk, which was almost every day, he would tip his hat and whistle some pretty little tune that always made me feel better.

George seemed really old, almost ancient to me. He was very tall and he had gray-hair, a gray mustache, and very bushy eyebrows. He wore all white clothing and a white hat, which reminded me of a sea captain's hat. He was very neat! His shoes were always shiny-black and they squeaked with a quenching, leathery sound when he walked. I loved George because he was kind to me, and because his butterscotch comforted my little heart!

Looking back, I don't recommend accepting candy from strangers. However, George was no stranger. He had been the crossing guard at that corner for many years. The whole town knew him. I was too young to know if George was a God-fearing man or not. I do know that he lived God's word.

Matthew 10:22 comes to mind when remembering George. "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
 
I thought this was a nice back to school story and a good reminder to us all that we never know just who's heart we might touch during the day. We must be kind to those around us. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!

Blessings,





No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family