Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome 2014

Happy New Year! My husband bought a bottle of sparkling apple cider and my mom made New Year's treats to help us ring in 2014 as the clock struck midnight!


My little sweet pea didn't make it to midnight, but Rich and I both ran in and gave him a kiss on the cheek after we counted down to the new year!


New Year's Resolutions


We are officially one day into 2014... have you made New Year's resolutions? I always make them and I am never all that great at keeping them, ha. Every year, I have about five or six things written on my list that I never quite get around to ... does this sound familiar to any of you?
Items that top my list are things like; get fit, ( well, we will see how that goes after having the twins). Get completely organized, around the house and in my daily schedule, ( hmm.. I know this will be a challenge with 3 young boys under the age of three, but I will give it my all).  How about this one, plan and organize all of my meals each month... some years I have been better at this than others, but since having a toddler in the house... this area is definitely under construction.
 
 
I don't know if it's because I am 30 now and I feel like I have more wisdom than in my younger days, or if it is because I have so much GOOD in my life to be thankful for that all of the other stuff just doesn't matter. Perhaps it's because I just don't care about or need others approval. I only care about the approval of God, my husband and my children. They are who I am responsible for.  This year, I am making some of these goals for myself, but they do not define me. If I never completely lose all of my baby weight, it doesn't matter... because I will have three children who love their mama and a husband who loves me for my heart and soul and because I am the mother of his children and his best friend! So what if I have sippy cups on the coffee table and toys on the carpet. It isn't about how clean and "museum-like" our house is. Instead, it is about the memories that are made in our home! This year, I feel like I finally GET IT ! So let's not be too hard on ourselves dear readers.
Life is about loving, laughing, living it to it's fullest and making memories! : )
I wish you all of God's abundant blessings in the new year... don't let the negativity of others bring you down, make memories, find your passion and live joyfully!
2014 feels like it is going to be a GREAT year!
Blessings,

1 comment:

Emily D said...

Meal planning is one of my goals too! Want to work together on this? We could each keep track of what meals we make for a week, include some recipes and shopping lists if we are motivated, and then trade menus. What do you think?

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family