Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Sleepy Saturday



Good Afternoon! We had a bit of a rough night last night ... or should I say a rough early morning? Robbie awakened at 3:30 a.m crying and coughing. Daddy stayed at our new house last night because he and Grandpa were working late into the night priming and painting and moving furniture. I had already had Robbie in bed with me, and as soon as I heard those first little cries out for Mommy, coughs and sniffles, I knew a cold was upon us,  :(  not to mention, I was having ridiculous pregnancy heartburn! Thank God for Tums! 


 Robbie couldn't sleep and was a little clingy, so I got out of bed with him and we turned on the television to try and distract him from not feeling well. I was exhausted, thankfully Joey and Jake must have been sleeping, because they didn't kick or move around like little jumping beans...so... I was able to get comfortable and snuggle-up on the couch with Robbie. We watched; "Doc McStuffins" , " Jake & The Never Land Pirates" and I must have started to doze off somewhere around "Sophia The First", because Robbie woke me to tell me he was ready to go back to bed at 6:15 a.m. 

We both fell back asleep until 10:00 a.m !!! 10 o'clock in the morning!!!!! I think this is the first time I have slept until ten since I was pregnant with Robbie! :)  After a little Children's Motrin and a good rest, this little guy sounds stuffy, but is bouncing around and feeling better this afternoon. We shall see how tonight goes. Now, I just hope I don't catch this cold!



Yesterday, Friday, January 24th, My daily devotional book; "Jesus Calling" had the following devotion . . .


...  My Peace is the treasure of treasures: THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE. It is an exquisitely costly gift, both for the Giver and receiver. I purchased this Peace for you with My blood. You receive this gift by trusting Me in the midst of life's storms. If you have the world's peace - everything going your way - you don't seek My unfathomable Peace. Thank Me when things do not go your way, because spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials. Adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world. Expect them each day. Rejoice in the face of hardship, 
FOR I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD. 

Matthew 13:46; James 1:2; John 16:33

This devotion was ringing in my head like a bell early this morning, during our early morning escapade. My baby was sick, he needed his very pregnant Mama, me ... who also needs to protect the two babies within me from any sickness. I was feeling overwhelmed!! Here I am on bed rest, trying to keep these little twins inside of me for another month or so and now this... a cold, or flu or whatever my poor little Robbie had come down with!! 
This was the last thing we needed at this time. 
At this moment this is when the last line of the devotion hit me like a ton of bricks;
 "Rejoice in the face of hardship, for I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."  ... and so that is what I will do! The Lord has overcome and he will get us through this time of uncertainties. He will provide for us, heal us, and keep all three of my babies safe . 

In my desperate attempt to stay awake at 4:30 this morning, I decided I would take advantage of being awake and search Pinterest for fun Valentine's Day Toddler crafts, activities, foods and more.

I found this cute little Raccoon craft that involves the heart shape. Robbie loves Raccoons and I know he will love this idea. Perhaps I will make-up a unit on Raccoons for the week along with using heart shapes and the letter "R" as our theme. Definitely pinned this one! 

Valentine Craft Ideas for kids

I also thought this idea of making a love book would be a fun activity... especially because Robbie LOVES to play with my camera. I could allow him to take the pictures of the people, toys animals, flowers and things he loves! 

valentines craft- make a love book! Give the camera over and let Jane take her own photos of things she loves...so cute!

There are so many Valentines ideas I found that it would take me forever to post them all! 

Speaking of Valentine's Day... my parents went to a yard sale this morning and came back home with this...


...It's an old fashioned Kissing Bench!! 
I just know Gigi will make this bench adorable when she is finished with it. 
The bench has little heart and spade filigree rod iron. 





A Kissing Bench is also known as a courting bench,a conversation bench, or a tête-à-tête (French for "head-to-head")  it is a bench with two parallel seats, facing in opposite directions, with a shared arm of the bench separating them.


These benches were popular in Victorian times, and thought convenient for kissing and intimate but demure conversation, as the names imply. I know we will be getting some great Valentine's Day pics with this bench for sure! 

Pinterest Surfing 
In The Wee Hours of The Morning 

While Pinterest surfing, I also stumbled upon this recipe for Cherry Limeade from Sonic! Yes Please!! So here it is, just in case you ever have a craving for a Sonic Cherry Limeade! 

Sonic Cherry Limeade Copycat Recipe

RECIPE

  • 1 2 liter of Sprite (or Diet Sprite if you want!)
  • 1 12 oz frozen limeade from concentrate – I used Minute Maid. Not sure if the brand choice would change the taste but Minute Maid was perfect.
  • 1 small jar of maraschino cherries

INSTRUCTIONS

  • In a large pitcher, combine Sprite, frozen limeade and the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including the syrup).
  • Mix slowly so your Sprite doesn’t go flat.
  • Pour over ice and add a wedge of lime (optional but awesome)
  • Enjoy!
Finally, I found this...

See you later, alligator... and more for plenty of rhyming fun!

...Robbie loves to say; "See you later, Alligator!" to me when we leave each other, he then waits for my usual response; "After a while Crocodile!" I just love that we do this little game. So now, I can teach him new goodbye sayings! :) 

Off to eat Gigi's yummy Lasagna! 

Happy Saturday! 

Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family