Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baby It's REALLY Cold Outside...


Baby It's Cold Outside - Hand Stamped Vintage Spoon from jessicaNdesigns #MyDayinStitchFix

It has been down right cold here in So.Cal! When I woke up this morning it was 47 degrees outside and our high for the day was 55 degrees! I have lived in other states where it truly does get COLD! Like Virginia for example...


Yes, we have woken-up to far worse in the morning...



Okay, Okay I do realize that compared to other parts of the country, our little 47 degree morning is nothing. I am a born and raised Southern California girl. Since living back in California these past few years, my Virginia pioneer woman spirit has diminished a bit and I have forgotten what it is really like to be truly freezing. I am however, not complaining a bit! I love this weather..it makes me feel very Chrismassy! I have the sudden urge to throw on a Christmas apron, ( that is, if I could fit one around my tummy), trim the tree, decorate bake and sing all while we cozy in and bunker down as family!

I'm 23 Weeks


Well I am now 23 weeks and feeling every bit pregnant! 
I have gained a total of 24 pounds, which is pretty much right on target for twins. I am only 5'3 1/2 in. -  so this extra 24 pounds makes me feel and probably look, ( if truth be told ) HUGE! :) 

The twin rule of thumb is to have gained 24 pounds by the 24th week of pregnancy... so I am one pound a bit over, could be that Mexican food I had for lunch!  Ha ha that's okay... healthy babies who are measuring larger is just fine with me!

I am so happy in life that I just praise God for all he has given me! I look at my little toddler at night while he is sleeping and feel my two boys in my tummy kicking and I am just so overjoyed and thankful to the Lord, for He is GOOD!

The picture on the left below, is from November 2010 when I was 23 weeks pregnant with Robbie! 
The picture on the right is from the other day, December 6th 2013, 23 weeks pregnant with Jake and Joey! 
Twins really do make a difference! :) 


I love watching my tummy and beautiful baby boys grow! :) 

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 Weeks and counting!

Size of babies: Little Joey and Jake are each the size of a grapefruit or a small baby doll. 11 to 11.8 in long and weigh about a pound each !


Babies  Development This Week: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. Love those stretchy leggings and jeggins!

Gender: TWO Boys!!!
Movement: I've been feeling the babies a lot more lately and higher in my belly.

Sleep: I am sleeping totally propped up with as many pillows as possible!!

What I miss: Ugh!!! I would LOVE a great BIG sub sandwich!

Cravings: Cuties tangerines and smoothies ! 

Symptoms: Trouble getting out of bed in the morning while laying flat on my back. Very heavy feeling, shortness of breath and JOY!!!!!

Joey and Jake I love you both so much and I can't wait to meet you!!I am praying for you and so is your Daddy and your big brother Robbie! We love you !

Let's see what else... Family Room Wall Color



Yesterday, we started choosing paint samples for our family room. Call me crazy, but a 2 X 2 inch colored square just isn't enough of a visual for me to make a wall paint color decision! Choosing paint is a commitment you have to live with for awhile! 
Which is why we always purchase just enough paint to paint one of the walls in the room.


I have mentioned that our family room is all Mission Oak - Craftsman style furniture with Tiffany inspired leaded glass lamps along with Mica lamps. 

The picture below is very much my style and inspiration for our family room. 

mission style decorating | Stunning Solid Oak Living Room Set, 'American Themes' Collection By ...

When choosing a color of paint, it is important to me to stick with more of the traditional Arts and Crafts styles. Behr Paint has a great collection of colors called, Behr Paint Arts & Crafts Collections. 


Yesterday, I chose this rusty red color to try on the one wall that leads from the family room into, what will be the twins nursery. As you can tell from the picture above we have the carpet all ripped out and the walls all primed in our family room.  I am not painting , ha ha just supervising! ;) I like it, but it might be a little too bold, so tonight when the Captain comes home, I am sure he will weigh in with his thoughts. My Dad doesn't like it at all and my Mom loves it. So I am sure it will be a split, house divided vote. Wait.. does Robbie's vote count because if so, I am sure I can pursuade him with Cocoa, to vote for my color choice. ;) 

This afternoon, we ran back to the paint store and purchased this color...


Called Nouveau Copper. As we speak, my Dad is painting the opposite side of the wall with this color so we should have a decision by the evening. I will let you know the outcome! 

More of Mr. Jingle's Adventures

Day:

What was the elf up to today you ask? Well, Mr. Jingles, (as my Dad has started calling him,) left a fun surprise this morning! 



That crafty little elf created a winter wonderland snow scene in our hallway! The Christmas trees, which were brought in from the North Pole even lit-up!!!


That naughty little elf almost blew our cover! Jingle got into Gigi's Christmas closet and took one of her candy cane gift boxes. He used the box for Robbie's snowglobe surprise! After Robbie discovered his fun snowglobe surprise, he ran into Gigi's room to share with her what Jingle had left for him. As Gigi grabbed her robe, Robbie noticed several of these boxes in her closet... he quickly said; "look Gigi that naughty little elf took these from your closet!" We went along with Robbie's imaginative story and whew!... the elf's identity was never revealed! That was a close one!!! :) These two year old's are a lot smarter these days!!

Below is the note Jingle left for Robbie.

 

Robbie eagerly opened up the little candy cane box...


To find an adorable little snowman snow globe! 


And a jingle bell snowman. 


 So cute! 


Happy Sunday Everyone!!!
As soon as my little elf wakes-up from his nap we are going to decorate our tree!

Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family