Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our Thankful Tree


free printable thankful tree label
It is now November, the leaves have changed colors from bright greens to vibrant oranges and yellows. This time of year makes me crave warm apple cider, pumpkin pie and the smell of burning pumpkin spice candles in my living room. I have so many fond memories of this time of year!

Lately it seems that once Halloween is over, our society almost skips past Thanksgiving and moves right on into Christmas. Before I know it, it is January and the holidays have passed right on by.
Leaving me left in a tailspin, wondering where did the time go?
Well...not this year!!! I am taking back the holiday season! I am going to make new traditions with my little family. I am going to enjoy collecting every leaf and acorn that falls onto the ground, I am going to have a blast baking Christmas cookies, listening to Christmas carols and giving to others who TRULY are in need.

For me , the holiday season starts now... November is the month for celebrating being thankful for all we have been given! The month of November not only is a time for baking with my son. Spending crisp Fall days reading by the fireside and drinking hot cocoa with my little one. It also provides a wonderful opportunity to teach thankfulness, giving and compassion.This month, Robbie's Bible verse is; " Give thanks to God", which is exactly what we are going to be using our Thankful Tree for .


 This year, I decided it would be a family fun idea to start a new Thanksgiving tradition in our home... The Thankful Tree! We are still in transition moving into our new house as we await the next few weeks of construction workers, tile men and painters. We are staying at GiGi's house, and she said we could place our Thankful Tree up in her guestroom until we move into our new home. 


Robbie loved helping me "make" our Thankful Tree! He brought out all of his tools and pretended to work away as I secured our tree up on the wall.


Here is my little guy hard at work!




Here is how are Thankful Tree works; each day of November, we write what we are thankful for on a leaf and we tape the leaf to our tree. Robbie tells me what he is thankful for and I write it on the leaf. 
I am placing one leaf a day up for myself and so is Rich. It is such a great way to keep track of all the things the Lord has blessed us with. We have been richly blessed and we are so thankful to God for everything. 

Here are Robbie's thankful leaves from the past two days...





Happy November Friends! 
Blessings,



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the thankful tree idea! How did you make it?

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family