Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Our Saturday & 32 Days Till Christmas

Twas Saturday evening and I'm still up reading.
 I can't fall asleep, so I have decided to give you a peek, into our day.
My little one is nestled all snug in his bed, with visions of kitty cats running through his head.
I 'm up and unable to sleep, because of the movement of four little feet, ( in my tummy that is)... 
... can you tell Christmas is completely on my mind ?
It's true and Christmas is only 32 days away!!! I can't believe it! 


I had such a fun Saturday with my hubby and little boy! We had a man come to our house to do yet another estimate, this time to re-drywall our family room ceiling. After the man left, we decided to head over to the Farmer's market to grab a few more strawberries, apples, eggs and other items to make round two of my homemade apple butter! 


We then went for a quiet little lunch at Togo's.... which I must digress on for just a moment! I don't know if it's the pregnancy cravings or what? I am in LOVE with the Chicken Salad Sandwich at Togo's! Oh my word, I think I have had one of these bad girls at least once a week for the past month!!! 

After Togo's, we promised Robbie a quick trip to the pet store. My little guy loves to visit Pet'smart and look at all of the birds, fish, cats and puppies in puppy obedience school. Rich and I joke about what a cheap date Robbie is, he is totally content with a trip to our local Pet'smart any day of the week! :) 


After the pet store, we went back to Gigi's house where Robbie and I made the most delicious M&M Chocolate Chip cookies you will ever eat!!! 


We have been focusing this month on the star shape in our homeschool curriculum. 
So, I though it would be a fun and educational idea to make star-shaped cookies! 


 

 Robbie and I put together the cookie dough and then he and Gigi rolled out the dough and used different size star-shaped cookie cutters to cut out the star cookies. 


I love this little cookie bug and I had such a fun afternoon baking with him! 


Here is this yummy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 3 tablespoons Instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 or 1-1/2 cups Mini M and M’s
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Add chips and m and m’s stirring to combine.
  3. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy
  4. Makes 2 dozen cookies
Today we let Robbie pick out an ornament for our Christmas tree. This is the first year it was his choice! I plan to let each of my children choose one ornament to place on the tree each Christmas.
Here is the little truck that Robbie picked out. 


After cookie baking, Daddy went to his monthly poker night, and Robbie and I made a tent in the living room. Actually, Gigi set-up the tent for us. I am too pregnant with far too little patience to set-up a tent. ha :) 




It was a fun day and now I am off to bed!
Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family