Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Operation Christmas Child & 21 Weeks


Hope you all had a great weekend! We went shopping this past weekend for our Operation Christmas Child Shoebox. I know I have mentioned Operation Christmas Child before, but for those of you who aren't familiar, here is what the organization is and how you can participate if you are interested for next year!




"Since 1993, more than 100 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ."




Robbie was so excited to go shopping and choose toys, candy a  toothbrush, toothpaste and all kinds of goodies for his shoebox! I decided to have Robbie fill a shoebox for a boy age 2 to 4 years old. Robbie has been earning quarters all year long for chores and often for excellent behavior. He used his own money to fill the shoebox for, as he called it; "his baby boy". :)


Robbie carefully placed each item in the box. 


He loved building these shoeboxes!


Robbie wanted to draw a picture for, "his baby"!


I had Robbie dip his hand in paint and then place it on this paper along with a photo of us!


I made a box for a  10-14 year old girl.


Here is Robbie's box all ready to go! 


Gigi made a box for a 2-4 year old girl.


Time to drop the boxes off at church!

We told Robbie that some children don't receive presents and that God uses us to be generous because we have so much. 
Robbie asked how do the boxes get to The "Philleepeans?" ( translation Philippines) or to "Abrica?"( translation, Africa) We told him that they probably go in a truck, which takes them to a boat, or an airplane, which takes them where they are going, and then to a bus or a car which takes them to a village. He asked if he could go to see the babies open their gifts. We paid to track our boxes so Robbie can understand how they travel by checking the computer. 


There is no better feeling than giving to others. The excitement and decisions blessed us!
When we dropped our boxes off, these precious volunteers welcomed us and they gave Robbie a candy cane and a cookie!
I wish to share something I read today . I know the scripture, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it". Proverbs 22:6. I firmly believe that first and foremost, prayer and obedience to God's word for your child's well-being is a must in their lives.  However, I was not aware of this particular explanation of this scripture. I find it worthy of sharing: 
"In the way he should go" is literally, "according to his, (the child's) way."
It is natural to want to bring up all our children alike or train them the same way. This verse implies that parents should discern the individuality and special strengths that God has given each one. 

While we should not condone or excuse self-will, each child has natural inclinations that parents can develop by carefully observing the child. By being involved with teachers, grandparents, and other Christian parent's wisdom; we may be able to learn  and discern and develop the individual capabilities of each child.

I loved getting these boxes together and then sending them off to these precious children! The sweet lady at the church said she hopes I come back next year with all three of my boys. I plan to do this every year with my boys and whatever future children we are blessed with. Operation Christmas Child has truly been a blessing to me and a wonderful way to start off the Christmas season! :) 


I'm 21 Weeks!!! 

The picture below was taken when I was 21 weeks pregnant with Robbie in 2010.


Here I am today, 21 weeks into my pregnancy with my twin boys! 



Size of Babies: The Christensen twin boys are now each the size of a pomegranate! 
10.5 inches and 12.7 ounces each!!! 


If we could take a peak inside, this is how things are looking!


Babies Development This Week: The babies are practicing digestion. 

Maternity Clothes: ANYTHING STRETCHY that goes over the belly!! :) 

Gender: TWO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movement: Lots and LOTS of movement! 

Sleep: Getting a little uncomfortable because of the weight of the babies. I prefer to sleep with as many pillows as possible!!

What I miss: I have a major craving for a Polish Sausage sandwich!!! :) 

Cravings:  This week I'm craving fruit!!!

Symptoms: I feel a fullness in my tummy in the evenings. Lots of heaviness in the uterus and lower back pain at the end of the day.

Best Moment this week: Telling Robbie he is going to be a BIG brother and hearing him talk about the babies! 

Reading Corner Ideas

One of my girlfriend's pinned this to her Pinterest wall and I absolutely love this idea! 
Robbie loves to read and we have lots of book, we always love and welcome more books into our library! Especially now with two more on the way!  This seems like such a wonderful way to organize a child's library... definitely want to do something like this in Robbie's room! 


Book Nook: Ikea $3.99 Spice Racks!! by SUZIE Q

Oh and before I go... I have talked about my sweet blog friend Letty in the past. I say blog friend, only because I haven't yet had the privilege of meeting her in person. Anyway, tonight I noticed Letty pinned this gorgeous necklace on her Pinterest !

Monograms make everything better #monograms #jewelry #necklace #gold

Thanks Letty for sharing!

Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family