Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Just Checking In

Hello friends! Hope you all had a great week. We spent our week moving... and boy oh boy am I glad that is over with! Moving while pregnant with a two year old is well, amusing  to say the least! I'm happy to say my little guy was such a big help and handled the move so well! :) I don't really have a lot to write about today, because my entire week has been consumed with moving boxes and construction workers at the new house!

Oh, on Wednesday, we were at our old place in Dana Point waiting for the moving truck and Rich to arrive. Robbie and I made a quick trip up to our local Ralph's and ran into this lady...

Alexis Bellino, from The Real Housewives of Orange County! 

We started chatting for a few minutes and I have to tell you, she is even more beautiful in person! Alexis was so sweet and kind and I enjoyed our little chat! Alexis is a mama to three children and she too is a twin mama! I guess you never know who you will run into in the Dairy section of the supermarket! :) 


Here are some fun pictures of my little guy from yesterday...

Yesterday, Robbie and I made macaroni necklaces. In our curriculum this week, we are learning about patterns. So here is my happy little guy using macaroni, Cheerios and beads to create a necklace! 





Rich will be at a Texas Hold'em Tournament tonight with my Dad and so it will just be the girls, plus one cute little boy! For some reason chili sounds so good!!! 
I think this might be on tonight's menu! :) 

Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili


 Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 Pounds Cooked and Shredded Chicken Breast
  • 2 Cans Bush's Northern Beans
  • 1 Green Pepper, Diced
  • 1 Red Pepper, Diced
  • 2 Stalks Diced Celery
  • 1 Prepared Packet of Knorr Chicken Stock or 1 Can Chicken Broth for Gluten Free
  • Dash of Chili Powder
  • 3 Tbsp Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Tsp Cumin
  • Cilantro (Optional)
Directions:
Once the chicken is cooked and shredded, combine all ingredients in a 4 Qt Slow Cooker. I also added about a tablespoon of fresh cilantro and then garnished the dish with it as well. This will cook on High for 4 Hours or on Low for 6-8 hours. Serve this over cornbread with a little bit of mozzarella cheese.

 Hope you have a happy Saturday! 


Blessings,

1 comment:

Summer said...

Love the little glasses on that sweet face!!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family