Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

16 Weeks !!!

I'm 16 Weeks!! 



It really does feel like this past week just flew by! To be honest, this pregnancy is also going by so quickly! My morning sickness it TOTALLY and COMPLETELY Gone!!!! I feel pretty good most of the time, except towards the end of the evening. The evenings are when the fullness feeling of carrying twins sets into my lower back and tummy. Other than that, praise God things are going well! :)


Baby Names: 
On Friday I have my 17 week ultrasound, and we are HOPING to find out the gender of each baby! We have been brainstorming different boy and girl names this past week. It is hard work, because we have to come up with four names by the time we include a first and middle name for each baby!
Here are some of our top picks;

   Boys:  
Michael
Abe
Jacob (Jake)
Joseph
Jack
Isaiah
Matthew
Leo
James
Jonathan
Seth
Caleb
David
Charles


  Girls: 
Olivia
Marie
Violet
Elizabeth
Hannah
Scarlet
Emily
Rebecca
Sadie
Charlotte
Rose
Laura
Clare
Grace

We still haven't told Robbie we are expecting babies. We have read lots of books with him about mommies who have babies. Baby animals, baby humans. We constantly point out mommies who have babies in their tummy's... at the grocery store, church, the park etc...

We asked Robbie if Jesus ever gives Mommy and Daddy two babies, what would he want to name them? So far, his top two choices are Jake and Bo-bo! haha, hmm, I'm okay with Jake, but Bo-bo Christensen?? Not so much! I love this age! :)

Decisions, decisions!  We will be praying on these names.

Pregnancy Highlights This Week: 

Size of Babies: The Christensen twins are each the size of an Avocado
They are about 4 1/2  inches long from head to rump and weigh around 3 1/2 ounces.

 Babies Development This Week: This week the babies may start to be able to hear muffled sounds!

Maternity Clothes:Love my maternity leggings!! 

Gender: Not sure just yet! We can't wait to find out who God is blessing us with!

Movement: I can feel little butterfly movements from both of these little cuties, most often at night.  I first started feeling them move around 10 weeks. 

Sleep: I sleep great, but I wake-up several times to go to the bathroom throughout the night.

What I miss: I really wish I could have a big hot dog and a large coke! 

Cravings:  This week I'm craving Mexican food!

Symptoms: I feel a fullness in my tummy in the evenings. Lots of heaviness in the uterus and lower back pain at the end of the day.

Best Moment this week: Love all the little butterfly bubbles I feel! Love to take a warm bath at night! Just to totally relax!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My nephew wanted to name his new sibling Cinderella Tattoo. I love the names kids come up with at that age. I love your name choices too!

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Ha ha!! Oh my goodness,that is adorable! I will tell my husband those names! I just love that age! Thank you for commenting Susanne! :) Welcome to The Christensen's Camelot! :)
Blessings,
Sarah

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family