Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fall Pumpkin Fudge & Babies At The Pool


Ah it's Wednesday, which means we are in the middle of the week and almost to glorious Friday! The start of the weekend! :)

I wanted to start off by sharing today's devotion from; "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.


"Trust Me, and don't be afraid. I want you to view trials as exercises designed to develop your trust-muscles. You live in the midst of fierce spiritual battles, and fear is one of Satan's favorite weapons. When you start to feel afraid, affirm your trust in Me. Speak out loud, if circumstances permit. Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you. Refresh yourself in My holy Presence. Speak or sing praises to Me, and My Face will shine radiantly upon you.

Remember that there is no condemnation for those who belong to Me. You have been judged not guilty for all eternity. Trust Me, and don't be afraid; for I am your Strength, Song, and Salvation."

James 4:7; Romans 8:1-2; Isaiah 12:2

I read this passage this morning and it brought me such hope to continue to have joy in the Lord and sing praises to Him for all He has given to me and blessed me with!
 
This morning I met my girlfriend Amanda for a walk on a bike trail in our community. Not only does this trail provide an excellent way for me to get in my Cardio workout for the day, but it also has so many beautiful trees, plants and even horse ranches to look at along the way!
After our walk, we headed back to Amanda's house for a wonderful lunch and Mac and Cheese for the kiddos!

Later, in the early afternoon, we let the babies play in Amanda's pool. It has been well into the high 90's and low 100's here for the past few weeks!
Today as we sat by the pool, we noticed almost a faint breeze and a touch of fall in the air! Our little one's enjoyed the warm sun and fun in the water. :)



The babies getting ready to head out to the pool!

Miss Paige is working those sunglasses!

Holding anxious little hands as we walk to the pool!

Robbie is ready to rock!


The Mamas with the babies! I was taking the picture so I'm cutoff just a bit. :)

Amanda and Paige enjoying some mommy/ daughter pool time!

Here I am having a blast with my boy!


Robbie loved the little Lilly pad floater raft!


Amanda had the great idea to bring the baby pool outside and fill it up with water and toys. This warmed up quickly and worked as a little hot tub for the babies!

I have to share about the next few photos!
After we dried off the babies and fed them their afternoon snacks, while walking back to the house; we were able to capture these precious moments.


They were talking to each other in their own baby language, while holding hands.
  
  
Oh my word . . . How adorable is this photo?

 
Busted!!! They spotted me snapping pictures! :)


"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward."
Psalm 127:3  


So today, these two precious little ones were the  joy and blessings from the Lord that I am most thankful for! :)

 


With September a little over a week away and the first day of fall only about a month away, I have decide to share one recipe  idea or  fall fun activity with you each day for the next month!

Today's fall fun activity is a recipe .  .   .
I have already begun to dream about vibrant orange, brown and yellow changing leaves, the smell of pumpkin spice candles and hayrides.
Even if it is 95 degrees outside still.


Pumpkin Fudge



This PUMPKIN FUDGE is sure to put a little spice into your fall!  It's not hard to make!  Here is the recipe, from All recipes:


Ingredients:


2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
7 ounces marshmallow creme
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Line a 9x9 inch pan with aluminum foil, and set aside.

2. In a 3 quart saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.

3. Mix in pumpkin puree and cinnamon; bring back to a boil. Stir in marshmallow creme and butter. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 18 minutes.

4. Remove from heat, and add white chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until creamy and all chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Cool, remove from pan, and cut into squares. Store in a cool, dry place.

Super easy, right? I am a believer that  presentation is everything! So, if you are planning to give these out as Halloween treats, why not wrap them in a festive plastic Halloween treat baggie with an orange ribbon!

Pool days always make for the best nap times!!!
Blessings,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely loved the pictures of Robbie and his little friend.....so precious

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family