Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Not Your Mama's Meatloaf

Has it really been a WHOLE week since I've blogged????  My Marine hubby is away completing training in the field for the next month. So I have been quite busy keeping up with my little Marine at home! : )
Here is a picture of my sweet little boy looking out the window this morning. I don't know if he was looking for "Dada" or just thanking God for this beautiful day. All the same, it warms my heart to watch this little one . 

I've taken note of my wonderful new blog followers this past week. Welcome to you all and thank you for following!! :)


The other night before Rich left for training, I made a wonderful meatloaf. Now ordinarily, meatloaf is probably my husbands least favorite dish. But this recipe received a great big two thumbs up and a "you done good hunny" from my hubby! So, I thought I would pass this recipe along to all of you !

In my opinion, the BEST thing about this recipe is the fact that the meatloaf is cooked in a slow-cooker/Crock-Pot!! I love saving time and who could ask for more . . . a quick, homemade, delicious meal! Count me in!

 BBQ Crock Pot Meat Loaf Recipe


What You Will Need :
2 1/4 pounds ground beef

1/4 cup BBQ sauce ( We LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's) !!!
2 tablespoon brown sugar

1 egg

1 cup breadcrumbs or crushed crackers ( I used bread)

1 large onion (diced)

1/4 cup water

Note: Sometimes I add a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese while I'm mixing.


What You Do
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

Form into a meatloaf shape that will fit into your crock pot.

Cut a strip of foil and place under the meatloaf in crock pot.

Cut it long enough to cover the bottom and sides of meatloaf.

Place meat loaf in crock pot and top with an additional 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
Cover and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.

Serve with fresh, hot roles and veggies!

Enjoy!!

Sarah

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Hi Sarah, I found your blog on Kelly's military link up! I'm a stay at home mom and we are stationed in San Diego right now. Your son is so cute! Just wanted to say hi! Look forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Did somebody mention meatloaf? Clicked on and saved. I'm a meatloaf monster and this recipe looks like a real beauty!  ツ

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family