Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Random Thoughts Friday . . .

With a new year comes New Year's Resolutions. Ahh how many I have made throughout the years . . . how many I have broken through the years as well. Ha.

2011 Brought SO much change and Joy into our life



Where does the time go? In 2011 we went from pregnant to baby!  
It is AMAZING to me how one tiny, precious little life can change my entire world. I absolutely LOVE being a Mama, it is what I was meant to do and I pray to God to bless us with a big family!
 Being a Mama really is the best job in the world! :) Well, at least I think so.


 My New Year's resolution is plain and simple. I want to be a better person, I want to live a better life. I want to grow closer to The Lord. I want to be the type of wife to my husband that I would want my Son to marry. I want to be the Mother my baby boy deserves. What are some of your resolutions?


 I have mentioned before that I love to read. Reading allows your imagination to take you to new worlds. I usually have a stack of books on my nightstand eagerly awaiting me. Last year I made a reading list of books that that I was interested in reading for 2011. I categorized the books by months and each book corresponds with a the theme of the month. Well, with the birth of a new baby and the pressure and new learning experience of being a first time mother, you can imagine how I fell behind on some of my reading for the 2011 year.

Either way, I love setting goals. This year I have created my 2012 reading list mainly based on Biographies of famous people that I am interested in learning more about. I have decided to read these books before the end of 2012. I'm sure I will be adding to this list as new biographies and books strike my fancy throughout the year.
So here it is my 2012 reading list of Biographies along with a few novels. . .

For the month of JANUARY , I will be reading; Tim Tebow's book, "Through My Eyes". I admire Tim's willingness and courage to speak up about The Lord and his faith.





I  LOVE The Bush family and I am interested in reading anything about them.



Now don't judge me. I have a heart for Tori Spelling. I have been told that her books are a great read and I am interested in learning more about her life.



Just because I am so interested in The Kennedy Family.


A great Marine and our street on Base is named after him!


Because I've always loved Marilyn!


More Butter, More Paula!!

Appetite for Life: The Biography of Julia Child

Because everything is better with Julia! Julia was also a fellow Pasadena Junior League lady like myself!
The Devil in the Junior League

And finally, just because I thought it might make me laugh. I Love The Junior League and my fellow league sister, but this might provide a little comedy. :)


Happy Reading!!!


No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family