Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Marvelous Monday




Hello my lovely readers! I wanted to start off the week with something I should have done yesterday.... Prayer requests & Praise. If you have anything you would like prayer for, please post. :)






It's time for another Marvelous Monday and my fun picks for the week! This Monday, I have a pretty random collection, but here we go...



Well, first I am sharing a picture I took on my cell phone of my sweet little man! This was him today in the car, just waking up from a nap! : )


I am on a health food kick lately. On occasion I'm enjoying pastas, desserts and more... It has been so HOT here in So. Cal lately, that I have felt like making nice, lite meals. I am a BIG fan of Trader Joe's!! I can get lost in TJ's for hours! Over the past few weeks, I have been using this Broccoli Slaw in our salads. I love the flavor and it is a healthy way to incorporate my 5 a day! :)
Next up, a random product for all the mama's out there. I LOVE my new breast pump! I was renting one from the hospital until I could decide on which pump I wanted to buy. I was recommended this pump from a friend and it is the best! Easy to use, quick results, painless and best of all, so small that I can easily throw it in the diaper bag and go! :)




Finally, I waned to share this recipe I tried and loved off of Food Network! First, a word about Food Network... I am obsessed with it!! I love to have it on throughout the day while I am working on household chores! I had FN on the other morning and I was watching "Giada At Home". I'm a Giada fan!! Giada shared this recipe for Carrot Zucchini Muffins. I ran out to Whole Foods and bought the ingredients and boy are these yummy and healthy too!!













Carrot & Zucchini Mini-Muffins
Total Time: 1 hr 0 min.
Prep10 min.
Inactive35 min.
Cook15 min.
Yield:24 mini-muffins .

Ingredients
Muffins:
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup grated carrots (from1 medium peeled carrot)
1/2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
1/2 cup raisins

Frosting (optional):
1 cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature (about 8 ounces)
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Directions
For the muffins: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini-muffin cups with (1 1/2-inch) paper liners. Set aside.


In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.


In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, and egg. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the grated carrot, grated zucchini, and raisins.


Using 2 small spoons, fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter and bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.


For the frosting: In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.


To serve: Spread the cooled muffins with frosting, if using, and serve

Enjoy & Have a Wonderful Monday!!



Blessings,


No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family