Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Marvelous Monday We're Moving !!!!


Happy Monday! Just a fun little fact, today is 7/11 just like the store! I don't have any of "My Favorite" products to share today. However, I did want to share that I 'm so excited because we are moving!!! Today was an eventful Monday full of great surprises! We are not moving far, just a few miles away onto base housing. We currently have a small two bedroom/ two bath apartment. I love our cozy little place, but baby makes three and it is a little crowded! Our new home has four bedrooms, two baths a large living room , dining room and family room! Best of all, a gorgeous ocean view! We thank God for this opportunity, as we could never afford a home like this in the civilian world! :)

We had so much drama with base housing when we first moved here from Florida. When we arrived in California, Camp Pendleton had no Officer base housing available.I remember feeling so sad and discouraged. So, we ended up renting a place out in town. The base housing waiting list is very long (almost a year for a home). I happened to call the housing office the other day to see if they had any First Lieutenant housing available (which means as a first Lieutenant , Rich rates a three bedroom two bath home). The sweet lady on the phone told me that they didn't have any three bedrooms available, but they did have a four bedroom home available!!! I jumped at the news and told her we would take it! We were so excited to know we would be getting a larger home, that was enough for us.

Well, today we drove by and the sweet lady placed us in a home that is on a hill and the backyard overlooks the ocean and beautiful San Clemente beaches! I guess it does pay to have a little patience (something I normally have little of). When God closes a door He really does open a window! :)

Below are a few of the picture I could get of the outside of our new home ! Our move-in date is set for August 22nd and I can't wait! I'm most excited because Robert will have a real nursery ( no more closet nursery for him ) haha. I will have a sewing/craft room and Rich will have an office plus we will have a guestroom! I will keep you all updated as we move in and start the decorating process. I hope you all had a nice Monday!




" This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."


Psalm 118:24













Blessings,


Sarah



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conratulations!
What an exciting place. Now you can sew curtains and accents galore with your new sewing machine! I am happy for you!
Love, Mom Robin

Summer said...

How exciting!!! It looks beautiful!!! Love you!

ASHTON said...

What great news!! Sometimes God makes us content with less in preparation for giving us more! Enjoy your new home.

~Lindsey said...

That's awesome news Sarah!! Very pretty too.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family