Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Military Spouse Weekly Roundup




1. Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?



No, I do believe they try and can be respectful of the holiday. However, when you sit down with a man or woman who has served our country by going overseas on 3, 4 or 5 different tours, I really don't think you can compare. I myself remember Memorial Day always being a fun, exciting day filled with hamburgers and hot dogs and listening to Grandpa's war stories. In reality Memorial Day should be a day of solemn reverence. We need to explain to our children the importance of this holiday.

2. What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?

Spending time with family. Going to my Grandpa's grave to pay our respects and thinking about our troops. My Mom and I have been remembering our trip to Arlington and visiting the tomb of the unknown soldier.




3. What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners

I wish I was more athletic and better at sports. I also wish I was better at math . Finally, I wish I could swim.

5. What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn



I love our base. Camp Pendleton is big and beautiful! I love the exchange and commissary. It is so close to the beach in beautiful sunny southern California and I feel safe!

The worst thing about our base is waiting for housing. Because of the LONG wait list my husband and I moved out in town.


Blessings, Sarah Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family