Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Military Spouse Friday-Fill- In


It's Friday and I'm linking up with Wife of A Sailor for her Military Spouse Friday-Fill-In.

This week’s questions are:


1. With PCS moves happening every few years, do you take the time to paint and decorate your home? submitted by Life as Mrs. JPT


Yes, I do. For all of my non-military readers a PCS move is a Permanent Change of Station such as a change in base or duty station. For example my husband is in the Marine Corps we have moved 4 times during the last 2 1/2 years. I love to decorate and make my house a home. I find it a challenge and very exciting to move into a new house. I see all the possibilities! We started off living in California then to Quantico Virginia, Pensacola Florida and Now back to California at Camp Pendleton. I have embraced the saying; "Our home is where the military sends us" and I will make the best out of wherever that may be!
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? submitted by Standing By Him

That's a good question and I know for sure it would be the house from the movie "Father of The Bride" . Oh I just love that beautiful house! In fact I grew up in the Pasadena area in Southern California not far from where that house actually is located!

3. What inspired you to start your blog? submitted by Pink Combat Boots

I originally started my blog as a memoir to keep track of our journey and travels in The Marine Corps. I have become so involved with blogging that it has now become a way for me to share recipes, crafts, military life, family life and so much more. I am planning to pay to have it turned into a scrapbook for our family.


4. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen on base? submitted by Adventures in Life

Hmm, the weirdest thing I have ever seen on base? I can't say that I have ever really seen anything that unusual on any of the bases we have lived on. When we were living in Quantico Virginia I often would see deer.Oh and while my husband was at The Basic School in Qunatico there were two cats that lived near the barracks. Everyone called them the TBS cats! Short for The Basic School cats. They were old an looked like they had definitely seen some combat action in their day. Salty Marine cats! ;)

5. Which historical figure (politician, writer, artist, scientist, actor, etc…) would you like to have dinner with? submitted by Army of Two

Great Question! Well, obviously I would love to sit and have dinner with my savior Jesus Christ. As far a s a politician I would love to meet George W. Bush ( because no matter what people might say I still love and respect him.) For Authors, I would love to meet Louisa May Alcott and Nicholas Sparks. Not sure that I have a scientist who I would love to meet. As for an Actress I would love to meet Meryl Streep!


Here I am above no, not with the real George W. Bush, but with a cutout of him at The Smithsonian in Washington D. C. :)

1 comment:

Megilon said...

I love the house from the Father of the Bride too! Great choice. I think having dinner with Jesus Christ would be amazing.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family