Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

24 Weeks Pregnancy Update




I'm 24 Weeks !
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 Weeks and counting!

Size of baby: Little Robert is the size of an ear of corn. He is about a foot long and weighs just over a pound.




Baby Development This Week:Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon


Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. Love those stretchy leggings and jeggins!

Gender: It's a Boy!!! Robert William Christensen

Movement: I've been feeling the baby a lot more lately and higher in my belly especially at night!

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well, thanks to my awesome pregnancy pillow!

What I miss: Ugh!!! I would LOVE a great BIG sub sandwich!

Cravings: Cuties tangerines and Babybel Cheese!!!!!!!!



Symptoms: Trouble getting out of bed in the morning while laying flat on my back. ha ha :) Also, a little shortness of breath in my ribs. Just an overall heavy feeling.

Best Moment this week: Being able to see a healthy little Robert in a 3D ultrasound with Rich! What a joy! I thank the Lord for this blessing, and I am in awe at the works of my beautiful Savior! :)




Blessings,


Sarah




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!





3 comments:

A Humble Planter said...

How amazing!! So many of my girlfriends are pregnant, what a blessing! Congrats. I will be praying for you.

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Thanks so much! Yes, 2011 does seem to be a year for babies! Thank you for you prayers! I have just started following your blog and I just love it! Thanks for following mine. :)

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family