Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Tour of Homes and In A Nutshell



Happy Friday dear friends! Today's post is kind of a random collection of thoughts and photos... oh, so many photos from my phone that really have no rhyme or reason other than the fact that I would like to document the photos for myself. I also have a Jingle post for you and I'm linking up with Kelly over at KellysKornerblog.com on her Holiday Home Tour.


So let's get started with photos from my phone from this past week.



Okay, so a confession. We recently found out that my three year old, Robbie, had a cavity on one of his back molars... pause for judgment and disapproving looks from other mommy readers. Yes, I know, I was so upset to find out that my three year old had a cavity! The reality is he did and it desperately needed to be repaired. After careful consideration, our Pediatric dentist decided that Robbie's infected tooth needed to be extracted due to an abscess and the best way to do that was to use IV sedation. I was panicky all day on Wednesday as I sat and waited for my little boy to go through the 2 1/2 hour oral surgery. We were blessed, the doctor and anesthesiologist both prayed with us and put hands on Robbie before going into surgery. Well, thank you to all of the friends and family who kept us in your prayers on Wednesday! Robbie did so well, the tooth has been extracted and he is feeling great! Here are a few photos of my little baby after the surgery, still a little groggy.


Well, as you can imagine, the loss of his first tooth meant a visit from the Tooth Fairy.Wednesday night, we put Robbie's tooth under his pillow and this morning, the Tooth Fairy left a little note for Robbie explaining that because this is the first tooth Robbie has lost, she would like him to keep it. The Tooth Fairy left this fun Christmas Peppa Pig video for Robbie!
 




Jingle, Our Elf On The Shelf
Day # 11
 
Jingle must have heard about Robbie's surgery and so, our dear little elf left this tiny tube of chap stick onThursday morning. The chap stick had a picture of Jingle and came all the way from the North Pole! So exciting!!! The day of Robbie's surgery, Jingle left a little pair of red and white striped elf socks for Robbie.


 
Robbie wanted to stay with my parents last night at their house and so Robbie and I wrote a letter to Jingle explaining that Robbie is staying at Gigi's and Jingle should go there tonight... and so, Jingle took a little ride home in Gigi's purse. Can't wait to see what Jingle does!


Okay, next random photo from the week. I took this of Robbie the other day at Target. Just as we were about to walk into the store, we saw several police officers on horses... right in front of the store!!! Robbie thought it was the greatest thing and asked me to snap a quick photo.
 

 
We have had a few chilly days over the past week or so and we are expecting lots of rain this weekend! Any chance we get to play in the rain or enjoy a crisp morning at the park and were there!! Here are a few pictures from our park day last Thursday.

Jacob, all bundled up.


Joey, all bundled up.

The twins!


We had a great time digging for dinosaur bones in the sand!



The park this week seemed extraordinarily beautiful.



The twins had another helmet adjustment for their little noggins.
Whenever we go to (the head doctor),as Robbie calls it, the boys love to play in this little car.





Last night we took the kids on a fun little outing to our local home decorating  store, Stats, in Pasadena.





Robbie and the babies loved looking around at all of the beautiful and magical Christmas decorations.





 Our own little winter wonderland.



Well, that's our week in a nutshell!

Now for our home at Christmas...



Welcome to our home friends!
The Christensen's Camelot in Pasadena California.
Our home isn't grand, but it is good and filled with the love and joy of the five dear ones who live there. In our home, we serve the Lord and we are excited and preparing for His birth!
Come on in and stay awhile...

Sarah Christensen's photo.

I would love to have you all over for tea and enjoy fresh baked cookies and good conversation by our fireside. Since we can not be together, I invite you to fix yourself a piping hot cup of cocoa and sit back and enjoy the tour.



Inside our home you will find our three most precious gifts underneath our Christmas tree...



Robert, our three year old and our twin boys, Joseph and Jacob.
For our God is good and my family is my greatest blessing.

In the center of the Living room, you will find our Christmas Tree.



If you come to our home at Christmas time, you just might run into our little Elf friend, Jingle!
He likes to hang around and help us give to others and remember the true meaning of Christmas.



I love to decorate our mantel seasonally.



One of our sitting areas and our buffet behind it.



Our dining room, where we do Advent every night as a family.





Our manger.




The key to  Santa's house and workshop, pictured above.

Oh, and my Christmas cats sitting above my china cabinet.



We thank you for visiting and we wish you a very Merry Christmas and the happiest  of New Years!
Remember, Jesus is the reason for this wonderful season!
Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family