Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Spirit

Santa and child.  #art  #illustration  #vintage  #coca  #cola  #cocacola  #holiday  #holidays  #christmas  #children  #child  #santa  #claus  #santaclaus

Jingle: Day 2 And A Letter From Santa 


Hello friends! Well we are on Day Two of Elf On The Shelf. We really are having the best time with this little elf!  I had been browsing Pinterest and stumbled upon an excellent blog advice concerning incorporating Jesus with The Elf On The Shelf Tradition. I took a letter from Santa idea and made it our own. Here is the introduction letter Robbie received from Santa...


... Dear Robbie,
It is our job to show God’s love to others through our gifts, nice words and loving actions.
I know you are excited about 
the Christmas season.  
I am too!!  My  elves are working hard to prepare 
for Christmas Day.  
Speaking of elves, I have sent one of my dearest friends to help you prepare for Christmas. His name is Jingle. It is a lot of fun to look at Christmas lights, sing Christmas songs, set up the Christmas tree and watch Christmas movies with Mommy & Daddy. 
But there are some very important things that I want you to remember about Christmas.
  • It is better to give than to receive.
  • God loves you so much!
  • You can help others because you have Jesus in your heart.
  • We have Christmas to celebrate the birth of Baby Jesus.
Your elf friend Jingle, will help you to learn and remember these very important things about Christmas.  Together, you can show others Jesus’ love by singing songs about Him, giving to others in need that don’t have as much as you, and being nice to others.
Every night your elf friend Jingle will come visit me and I will send him back with a new activity that you can do together, to help you learn and remember the true meaning behind Christmas.   Each morning, look for your new friend Jingle.  He will be in your home waiting for you to find him so you can do the activity together! Jingle likes to play Hide and Seek, so be sure to search high and low for him.
Please take care of Jingle and together, you will learn about our awesome Savior, Jesus Christ.  You will learn about how God sent his only Son to live with us, and in us.
Have a blessed Christmas season!
With much love,
Santa

Once again this morning, Robbie raced out of bed to see if Jingle had returned! 




 And he had!!!
This time Jingle came with  a letter from Santa and a pair of Christmas Santa socks for Robbie. Santa's note said that today we needed to, "give somebody warmth." 



We got dressed quickly and decided that we would drive over to McDonald's and buy breakfast for the person behind us in line at the drive-through! 

McDonald's breakfast

After paying, we asked the cashier to please tell the person in the car behind us; "God bless you and Merry Christmas." The cashier asked me several times if I was sure we wanted to pay and we told her we wanted to spread a little WARM, Christmas cheer! 

Both Robbie and Jingle thought this was a great idea! 



Because I am in a study on the book of Matthew, this scripture keeps coming to my mind...

... "So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:2-3

Please let me explain...

... I am blogging about sharing Christmas warmth and cheer with others, NOT because I want credit or honor for an act of kindness, but because ... I am so hoping that you, one of my readers will be inspired to do the same act of kindness in your own town. Can you imagine what a better world we would live in if everyone did this? Many snowflakes form a glacier. I am also trying to use this Elf On The Shelf acts of kindness idea as a teaching platform for my child. I hope you are enjoying our adventures with Jingle and making some of your own Christmas memories! It truly is better to give than to receive!!! :)  


STAY TUNED!  The World Premiere of Everything Twas is TOMORROW! Monday, November 25th!!  Subscribe on YouTube NOW!! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLby7-6cjDqdnMowWfd-SCnihLOtCYefcp
25 Nights Of Family Christmas Movies 
Night 3
Last night we introduced Robbie to a Christmas classic... "Frosty The Snowman". I had forgotten how much I loved this movie as a child. I think I wasn't as keen on the content of the cartoon, as much as I was excited about the meaning of when the cartoon was aired on television. Frosty was always the kick-off of Christmas Vacation from school! 

Yesterday, Daddy and Bompa Ray were working at our new house until late in the night. Yesterday, we started installing copper plumbing in our kitchen. Gigi, Robbie and I bought hot coco and snuggled-up nice and cozy at Gigi's house while we watched Frosty! Robbie gave Jingle some of his hot cocoa! 


Jingle hogged too much of  Robbie's hot cocoa!!! We are teaching Jingle how to share! 


We went to Michael's Craft Store last night to buy more yarn and Robbie came running up with this Frosty paint book! 


We bought it for him and he had the best time painting last night!
Here is his creation ...



A Danish Christmas Breakfast ...

Homemade Danish Pastry Recipe as seen on @KING 5 ' s Evening Magazine's Best of Western Washington #Seattle #travel #breakfast #Christmas #food


My husband is Danish on his father's side. Can you tell with a last name like Christensen ? With all of our combined nationalities, we look forward to making them ALL part of our Christmas traditions. I told Rich that I wanted to start this Christmas Eve by making a traditional Italian lasagna dinner and a Mexican tradition of having tamales on New Year's Eve. I think he felt a little left out and so I hope to surprise him by attempting to make a traditional Danish breakfast on Christmas morning! I say attempt, because I am not sure how difficult it will be to make homemade Danish? We shall see.. and as  Julia would say...

Julia Child- Be fearLESS

Rich's father's mother, Grandma June Christensen, is a true pioneer woman!! Rich always brags on her jam making abilities, her homemade pies, her canning skills, hospitality and much more!! Rich has so many fond childhood memories of her and one of them includes making Marzipan at Christmas! 

Marzipan

Well this is another one of my soon to be attempted skills this holiday season! I know I will never measure up to Grandma June Christensen in the eyes of my husband,  but my aim is to carry on the tradition for my boys and future children! :) 


Well that is all for today friends! 
We are off to the library and to paint a bed for Elmo!! 
I'll explain more tomorrow. :) Have a great day! 

Blessings,

2 comments:

Emily D said...

Sarah, I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to each new post.

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Thank you Emily! You have encouraged me! :)

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family