Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Fall Is In The Air & My 12 Week Pregnancy Photo

Fall is here

Well, almost... tomorrow is the first day of fall and I know, I go on and on each year about my love affair with fall... but I can't help it. Everything about fall is glorious to me! The cooler weather, the darker, gloomy days, which are perfect for snuggling in with a good book. Oh and don't forget the colorful leaves and the crunching sound they make beneath your feet as you walk down the street. 


Fall front porch

 Yesterday was the first fall-like day we have had around here all year! I simply basked in it! I woke-up to a cool, crisp, grey morning. It was the kind of morning that just begs for you to sit on your front porch and enjoy the cool of the morning while sipping on a pumpkin spiced latte, ( or pumpkin spiced hot chocolate, if you are expecting like me). 

Fall is here!

The rest of the day was off and on cloudy with highs in the 70's, which around these Southern California parts is considered to be cooler fall weather! I am completely ready for Autumn!! I have all of my cable knit sweaters, cardigans, boots and scarves.... here's hoping for more fall around here!! 

“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”  #autumn #fall

I took Robbie for a little walk around the block yesterday and we found our first sign of fall,
which was our first fallen leaf to officially kick of the season!! 




12 Weeks 
Pregnancy Update 

Tomorrow, I will be 12 weeks into my pregnancy and just about through the first trimester of the pregnancy! What a 12 weeks it has been, full of excitement, joy, good news, morning sickness and tummy growing! 

Here I am at 10 weeks almost 11 weeks with Robbie in September 2010. 
I didn't take an 11 week or 12 week photo with Robbie, so this is my closest comparison. 



So here I am 12 weeks into my pregnancy as of tomorrow! Holding up my two fingers as proof that there are 2 babies in there ( to make me feel better about how much I am showing this time around) . 
I feel blessed to be carrying these twins and I put them in God's hands. Thank you Jesus for getting me through this first trimester with no more complications! I have my 12 week doctor appointment later in the week on Thursday.
Hopefully I will have a fun new ultra sound picture of my little sweeties! 




Before I go, I want to share this yummy pumpkin smoothie treat!! A healthy, vegan and very yummy way to bring in the fall!



Pumpkin PIE SMOOTHIE

A healthy alternative To celebrate the flavors of the season   

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked)
1/2 frozen banana
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 scoop (or approx. 2 T) vanilla protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
pinch of ground ginger

DIRECTIONS

  • Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!



I also have to share this video, it is music from my FAVORITE Fall Cd called Autumn In New England! Robbie loves to listen to it during our quiet time! 
I am wishing I were here today! How about you? 





Have a wonderful Saturday! I'm off to the craft store to finish this project... can you guess what it will be? I will show you the finished creation soon! 

Blessings,

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I am glad to see you blogging again. It's nice to read your blogs and watch your family grow.

Anna said...

Fall is my favorite too!

I'm glad you and the babies are doing well. :)

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family