Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

I don't know what it is about Wednesdays, but for some reason it is always the one day of the week where I feel I am able to collect my thoughts, make my "To Do" list and catch-up on anything and everything I need to get done.

This morning, I attended my weekly Bible Study and as I have mentioned before, we are completing a nine month study on the book of Genesis.
This morning's lecture was incredibly interesting, insightful and thought provoking! I am truly enjoying this study and I look forward to my nightly quiet time with God studying His word. This morning the lecturer Kelli, touched on an important part of the book of Genesis; that is the beauty of this magnificent world in which God created for us just because He loves us! Kelli asked us if we have ever stopped and just stood back to take in the beauty of the surroundings of nature? For example: The Grand Canyon or the tropical islands of Hawaii.
I have never actually stood at the edge of The Grand Canyon and looked down. I have flown over it and seen pictures of it. When I think of God's majestic beauty and the creation of the world and paradise, my mind automatically thinks of Maui!


Rich and I were blessed with a beautiful 9 day honeymoon in Maui! It was a first time visit for both of us. Maui and the Hawaiian Islands are in my opinion, God's country.


Never before in my life had I seen such beauty!
Everything from the sunsets to the crystal blue oceans and the sky...


Here we are enjoying a sunset horseback ride along the beach.
"He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea."

Job 9:8



One morning in particular, Rich and I decided to wake up just before dawn at 2 am and watch the sunrise from Haleakala or the East Maui Volcano. It is a massive shield volcano that forms more than 75% of the Hawaiian Island of Maui. The western 25% of the island is formed by the West Maui Mountains. We went with a tour group and took a van to the very top to the 10,023 foot summit . The sunrise at the top was out of this world, unimaginable beauty! At that moment, standing there watching the sun slowly creep it's way into the sky, I stood there in amazement. I felt the strong presence of God. There is no way beauty like that could have ever just happened by chance!

 



We then drove to the 6,000 foot level and rode bikes all the way back down!




Oh and yes, I am fully aware that  I look like the fourth long lost member of the crazy rock band ZZ Top. Ha ha, my hair was extremely long and the wind, along with my naturally curly hair and humidity were in a battle to bring me down. lol :)




Anyway, I just thought I would share my " Ah ha" moment of the day.


Earlier this evening, we had dinner at T. Phillips Alehouse and Grill with my friend Amanda and her little one Paige. As always we had a blast!

Robbie and Paige, two babies enjoying a night out on the town! :)
I just love them both so much!!!

Then I ran home to watch Survivor!
 Ha ha! Does it  make me a nerd because I still watch Survivor? Wait don't answer that . . . : )
I'm sure some of you watch Survivor . . . right?

Actually, I haven't kept up with the once popular television show for the past few years.

However, this season of Survivor Philippines, looked interesting to me.
My Dad and I are the only two Survivor fans in our family still carrying the torch! In past years, my husband, Mom, Dad and a few of our close friends would all tune in together to watch the show and eat pizza. We would randomly select our top survivor castaways and make a friendly bet on who would win it all.


This season, I am rooting for former Facts of Life star; Lisa Whelchel
 
 We shall see as the season progresses!

Finally, here is my fall tip for the day. The activity featured today and for the next few days will be fall activities for the kiddos, so buckle-up!!


Fall Button Project
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

 I have to tell you, we are going to do this project tomorrow and I am so excited about it! Looks like we will have to ask Gigi if we can spend a little time sorting through her button jars!

Super simple and a great way to help your little one learn their colors! Just have your child sort through old buttons and pick out any buttons that are fall colored. Simply arrange them on construction paper and glue into fun fall shapes like corn, pumpkins or leaves. Must have an adult present because of the choking concern with buttons. So keep your eyes on those toddlers, mamas!

Happy button picking!

4 comments:

Making The Most of Each Day said...

You see the absolute phenomenal majesty and complexity and bewildering beauty of nature and you stare at it and then… and somebody next to you goes, “And how can you say there is no God?” “Look at that.” And then five minutes later you’re looking at the lifecycle of a parasitic worm whose job is to bury itself in the eyeball of a little boy in West Africa and eat the eyeball from inside while the child dies in horrible agony and then you turn to them and say, “Yeah, where is your God now?” You know I mean you got… You can’t just say there is a God because well, the world I beautiful. You have to account for bone cancer in children. You have to account for the fact that almost all animals in the wild live under stress with not enough to eat and will die violent and bloody deaths. There is not any way that you can just choose the nice bits and say that means there is a God and ignore the true fact of what nature is.

Making The Most of Each Day said...

+++For your study of GENESIS --+++
Simple Math disproves Noah's ark?
Elephants eats 660lbs of greenery per day, times 150 days on the ark you get, 99,000lbs of greenery for one elephant. That's excluding Hippos, Giraffes, Bears, Rhinos, etc. With all the Weight of animals (16,000 species) and food storage you get a number around...20 million pounds. If you argue that they were baby animals then babies would need milk supply from their mothers. The stored milk would go bad in hours. Noah's dimensions of the ark would simply not hold up to that. Second, The waters reached to the highest mountains (29,029 ft). The deepest part of the ocean is 35,797 feet. With 40 days of rain (fresh water) that would equal out to about 82% of fresh water mixed with sea water. All fresh water fish, and all marine life would die in hours. Third, the carnivorous animals would need to eat even after the ark had landed on Mt. Ararat. So, what did they eat until the other animals would populate? Again if they were baby animals they would have to wait even longer. No dead carcasses. 150 days in water they would decompose and the meat would be no good. Last but not least, a polar bear can swim up to 50 miles. How do you expect it to swim across the Atlantic? That not including the other animals in South America, Australia, North America, Antartica, and Green Land.

God would have to intervene from the survival of plankton to taking care of the 11 million tons of animal waste being produced daily.


Since he is god wouldnt it be easier to snap his fingers and kill everyone instantly? I think you should question this story and the fallibility of it. Otherwise, put a blind fold on and walk in traffic while praying and see what blind faith does...





There are 10,000 different species of bees alone.
30,000 different species of birds.

Heck, there are 300,000 known species of non-swimming beetles. AND--- Adam named them all. In what language- Latin - the language of entomological science ? Wait-Latin had to have come later- at the "confounding of languages" stupid story about Babel .

It's a child's story. and any adult that still believes it just has a child's mind.

Making The Most of Each Day said...

YOU! who arrived directly to MY NAME without a proper web-site! YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO GOOGLE. I DO NOT APPRECIATE your boredom, your evil, your insecurity, doubt,or hate.
I suspect who you are because you are quite typical and obvious, and you have done this before. You poor thing!
You are pathetically and ridiculously mentally ill! I am sorry for you.I have been praying for your soul by name; for a long time! I have never FORCED anyone to believe in Jesus. The definition of INSANITY is continuing with a same behavior thinking you will get a different result. You keep getting the same result, so quit trying. Can't you find something fruitful to do with your time?
I LOVE JESUS, I am a devout CHRISTIAN. This is AMERICA and I can praise my Savior!
I DO NOT appreciate cowards pretending to be me with their sick opinions.
It is ILLEGAL to forge an identity. I am sorry that you feel you have NO VOICE if you were to portray yourself!!!!
I DON'T have to answer or account for any of the diseases or problems in this world.
I live for an audiance of ONE ONLY, to the LORD, JESUS CHRIST, I AM accountable!
You are so botherd by people who believe in God, why? If you don't, then stand by your creed and don't be wanting PROOF all of the time, and hating people who are happy through Jesus! God is NOT a magician! If He fixed every problem and sorrow, then it would be easy to have faith and we would be in a controlled paradise, this would all discount Calvary and freedom to choose.
Out of the overflow of ones heart, the mouth speaks.
The good person brings out the good stored inside of him
and the evil man brings out the evil stored inside of him.
You know, you have a gift from God, I hope you consider it. He sent His son for the worst of sinners, that's how much He loves us, how much grace and mercy He wants to give us, HOW GOOD HE is!
The FALL of man caused anything bad in this world. God can only be reputable with GOOD. If evil intimidates you, or bothers you, I suggest YOU quit being a part of it!
written by: THE REAL ROBIN SIEVERLING.

Anonymous said...

Ouch !

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family