Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Afternoon With Grandpa Ken & Grandma Carla


A story By: Robbie Christensen
 This afternoon was a very special time, because I got to spend a few hours with my Daddy's parents, Grandpa and Grandma Christensen ( Ken and Carla).


We met each other at Yogurtland. Mmmm!

This is me with Grandpa Ken, he is a very sweet man.

 This is my Grandma Carla, she loves me and I think she looks very much like my Daddy. I think I remind her of him :)

 Mommy, Grandpa, Grandma and I, all walked to the Park. I love going there!
 Grandpa Ken played Peek-a-Boo with me, and he put me in a tire swing. It was so much fun!

 I was looking at leaves here. Everything is so new and exciting to me.

                                         
A spiral tunnel, WOW!!!!!

                                    
 I'm not too sure about this one?

I had a very nice afternoon with my relatives. I am learning all about love!
I came home, had a nice dinner and a bath, a car ride, a story and then I conked out.

I hope you all have a very nice, rest of the weekend :)

Love,
                 Robbie 

2 comments:

Michael said...

A few days ago you posted a statement -- " Jesus had fun ." What did you mean by that ? I am not being argumentative - just wondered. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fashion jewerly with genuine garnets

Genuine Garnets is a transparent to translucent mineral, a small, precious stone
(from 0.08 to 0.3 inches in size),

fiery or blood-red in color (colored with iron with a chromium admixture).
Its name derived from the Greek Pyropos,

pyr = fire, ops = eye. It has a hardness number of 6.5 to 7.
5. It boasts exceptional color stability and is

resistant to heat and acids.

The genuine garnet has been haphazardly collected from
river silts since ancient times. The organized collection of

genuine garnets with export to the world began in the early middle ages, at the time of the great
migration of

nations from the 6th to 8th centuries. In the middle ages, the popularity of genuine garnets
wanes. A few rare

goldsmith relics have been preserved from the second half of the 14th century.
It was not until the late 15th

century that garnets began to be seen more often as
decorations on liturgical silver, particularly chalices.

The

peak period came under the reign of Emperor
Rudolph II, who supported cutters and introduced the right of first


refusal on garnets of exceptional size. After 1700 genuine garnets
became more widespread in fashion jewelry

generally. Small stones came into costume jewelry in the 2nd quarter of the 18th century and so
the Empress Mary

issued a ban on the export of genuine garnets from the country, thus
protecting the domestic monopoly on the mining

and working of garnet. To help date garnet jewels from the 2nd
third to the end of the 19th century there are two

garnet setting techniques: grain and rivet (jewelry techniques).
In the 19th century, genuine garnet-makers hosted

successful displays at industrial exhibitions. Thanks to
the success of the craftsmen at the World Exhibition in


Brussels in 1958, genuine garnet again became part of contemporary
artwork.


Craig LANGRIDGE

Santa Barbara, CA
Review my blog : Beautiful fashion jewerly with genuine garnets

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family