Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Weekend Of Photos


Here I am with Mr. Robert this morning. A happier little guy. Everyday we send Daddy a picture of us. This was today's.

Hello Friends! I originally started writing this post about a week ago, but we have had one LOOOONG week and I am just now getting around to posting.
Our little one had a bad week of teething. My little honey lamb ran a fever of 100 to 102 for the first part of last week because all four of his molars decided to come in. :( We had a week of sleepless nights and crying! We are not out of the woods yet, but Robbie's fever is gone and he is starting to be his old happy self again. :) Plus Daddy is gone away at training which always  makes things a little bit sad around the house. So, here is my post from last week. Happy Monday Friends!

~ ~ Rich Turns The BIG 30 ~ ~
This past weekend was quite a busy one for us! Rich, my hubby turned 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rich and I are only nine months apart, but I keep teasing him saying that I'm married to someone in their thirties! :)

We celebrate this milestone birthday by having all of our two families over for a BBQ. Before I share some pictures from the weekend, here is a fabulous Potato Salad that I made. This is a family recipe from my Grandma Vera ( my Mom's Mother). You simply have to try it!

My Mom's Mother, my wonderful, sweet Grandma; Grandma Vera!



Grandma Vera's Potato Salad



Ingredients

4 pounds of Red Potatoes
2 bunches of long green onions
7 hard boiled eggs
3 ribs of chopped celery
1 drained can of black whole pitted olives
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 cup of Mustard
1/2 cup of pickle relish or 3 pickles diced small
1/2 cup of pickle juice
salt, pepper and Garlic salt to taste

Directions

Boil potatoes the night before. Drain and cool in fridge.
Chop up all ingredients
mix together Mayo, mustard, pickle juice and seasonings in one bowl. Then , in another huge bowl place chopped potatoes, celery, onion, olives, pickles and eggs together. Mix well with clean, washed hands.
Now season potato mixture to your own liking. Fresh cut-up dill makes it just scrumptious!
Mix both bowls together now to include potatoes and dressing.
Chill over night.

( I have found that the red potatoes make for a creamier consistency)
Enjoy!

We started off the weekend with Robbie and Daddy mowing the lawn together to get ready for our backyard BBQ. :)



 Then, we bought the best, sweetest cherries!!

 Robbie and I made Daddy this fun filled tasty treat Candy bar birthday sign!
 !
Here is the little saying on the card that we made, incase you want to make your own.

Dear Rich,
We were going to give you a Whoppers amount of cash for you birthday, but the money slipped through our Butterfingers. We didn't have anything to sell and it wasn't Payday. We didn't think you would want a Kit Kat or a pet Turtle. A trip to New York or an Orbit around the Milky way wouldn't be appropriate. We do want to wish you Mounds of Almond Joy.
As you eat this card, we hope you don't Rolover and get a tummy ache. If you do, we promise not to Snicker.
You are our Marine and our Hero. Mommy thinks you are one Hot Tamale!
We love you to Pieces! The BEST is yet to come.
May God Bless You.
Love,
 Your Three Musketeers,
Sarah, Robbie and Maverick the cat

You can make one of these cards at home also. You just need a poster board
 and the following candies.

Whoppers
Butterfingers
Payday
KitKat
Turtles candy bar
York Peppermint
Orbits Gum
Milky Way
Mounds
Almond Joy
Rolos
Hot Tamales
Reece's Pieces
Three Musketeers

My Mom made a cute suggestion! Wouldn't it be adorable to give this card with a gift card to the movies?! :) So cute.




Yummy Food!


Our family
Robbie, playing a fun game of Peek-A-Boo with my best friend, his Auntie Summer!

Rich, Robbie and Grandma and Grandpa Branch


Family and friends


Daddy blowing out his birthday candle.
Robbie wanted to blow out a candle as well!

My little guy showing off his new hat.

At the end of the day we all went down to the beach. Here is our little family watching the sunset.
Rich left for training for a month or so last week. Here is Robbie trying on his Daddy's helmet. Ha ha, I know I'm a Marine wife and I am suppose to know the proper name for this hat, but for now we will just call it a hat. Simply because I can not remember what it is called. :)

                                        Have a Wonderful Day!
                                                     Blessings,
                                                       Sarah

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family