What's Your Favorites ?
2. What is your most favorite Christmas cookie?
3. Do you prefer colored Christmas lights or clear?
4. Are you an early bird Christmas shopper who has all of their gifts purchased before November, or are you a late shopper out fighting the crowds on Christmas Eve?
5. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Here are my answers to the above questions. I would love to hear your answers. leave a comment. :)
1. My favorite Christmas song is Have A Holly Jolly Christmas with Burl Ives. It reminds me of my childhood. Whenever I here this song, the Christmas season comes to a start in my mind. Click and listen below.
2. My favorite Christmas cookie is what we in my family call Grandma Vera's Christmas Nut Ball Cookies. This cookie is known by many different names in many different cultures. The Latin countries call it a Mexican Wedding Cookie, The Russian call it a Russian Tea Cookie. To me, it just isn't Christmas without these delightful little sugary cookies.
Here is my Grandma's Recipe for her Christmas Nut balls.
Grandma Vera's Christmas Nut Ball Cookies
1 cup of sifted flour
1/2 cup of butter
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon of good vanilla
2 cups of Confectioners sugar ( powdered sugar)
Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT powdered sugar.
Form into balls
Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet
Space 1/2 inch apart
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
Cool on a rack for 2 hours Roll the balls in the powdered sugar 2 tines
place in a box(Tin is Great)
They are ready to eat!! :)
4. Sadly, I am not an early bird Christmas shopper. I'm not a Christmas Eve gal either. I just LOVE to do my Christmas shopping during the Christmas season when all the lights are up and the malls are decorated for Christmas! :)
5. My ALL time Favorite Christmas movie is "Little Women" ! I have read the book and have watched the movie every year with my Mom for as long as I can remember! I like the new version of the movie best! :)
Well Friends, I can't wait to hear your answers! I hope you are well into The Christmas season celebrating with good food, family, friends and joy.
I leave you today with a little video clip of my joy! :) My little one dancing with his Grandma and filled with the joy of Christmas. There is nothing quite like the laugh of a child.