Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday . . .



Happy Monday! Just SIX more day until Christmas!! It is 8:30 at night and I am just now sitting down to blog, it is the first time today that I have had a minute to myself. I have a hubby who is sick with the flu and a very curious little crawler(who has discovered the ornaments on the Christmas tree). :)


I spent the better part of yesterday making my weekly stock supply of homemade baby food for my little one.

These 4 apples made enough apple sauce to last Robbie for the entire week.

We tried pears this week

Butternut Squash


Yummy Bananas

Ready to bake


Blend , bag and done!!
 This brings me to my next topic, my Marvelous Monday pick of the week!!!  

Itzbeen


I have been working on adjusting Robbie's nap schedule for the past week or so. When I was pregnant, I had heard of a product called the Itzbeen. I believe it retails for around $ 20.00. I forgot to register for it and didn't think much more about it until a few weeks ago. While browsing at Target ( A dangerous thing for me to do), I came across this handy little gadget in the clearance pile. It was on clearance for $5.00!!!! I bought it, ran home and couldn't wait to try it! It met up to everyone of my expectations!!!

So, what is the Itzbeen?? I LOVE this product. I am all about scheduling. I carry this product with us everywhere. It helps keep track of naps, feedings, diaper changes and more.

It's about time someone created a tool to help new parents remember the basic details of baby care. Well, now there is the Itzbeen!





ITZBEEN™ Baby Care Timer was developed by a new mom and dad who found themselves sleep-deprived and needing help to remember baby care details, such as when their baby last ate or napped. They tried charts and journals, but thought there had to be a better way. So, they created the ITZBEEN™: a multi-purpose nursery tool that helps new parents remember the basic details of baby care. The ITZBEEN™ has four timers that count up with the touch of a button, and a host of other helpful features, all designed with the needs of a new parent in mind.


The ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer has a host of helpful features all designed with the new parent in mind. As every new parent knows, your memory is one of the first things to go when a newborn arrives. The ITZBEEN Baby Care Timer is a multi-purpose tool that helps you remember the basic details of baby care. ITZBEEN has four timers that count up with the touch of a button…so you will always know how long it's been!

It also comes in three fabulous colors! We have the blue! ;)
My Christmas Card Door

Our family friend Ms. Liz always displays all of the Christmas cards she receives so beautifully throughout her home.
Well, today I started to put my Christmas cards up. In our kitchen/breakfast nook.
We have a family sitting area. I love this area because it is where I read to Robert in the morning when the sun is warm and bright. This area is also where I do my Bible studies and reading. I have our family rules displayed in this area along with family photos. I decided to use the door which leads into our laundry room to display my 2011 Christmas cards.



 I love that I can look at all of the cards and pictures of our family and friends while I cook, read and entertain in my kitchen!
It is so fun to add a new card each day!

Happy Monday Friends!
Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family