Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The BEST Christmas Gift

Hello my lovelies!
 I came across this beautiful, Christmas version of 1 Corinthians 13. This was a gentle reminder that touched my soul. I thought it might add a little Christmas joy to your day! :)



1 Corinthians 13
A Christmas Version

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows,

strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls,

but do not show love to my family,

I'm just another decorator.



If I slave away in the kitchen,

baking dozens of Christmas cookies,

preparing gourmet meals

and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime:

but do not show love to my family,

I'm just another cook.




If I work at a soup kitchen

carol in the nursing home,

and give all that I have to charity;

but do not show love to my family,

it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels

and crocheted snowflakes,

attend a myriad of holiday parties

and sing in the choir's cantata,

but do not focus on Christ,

I have missed the point.




Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love does not envy another's home

that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love does not yell at the kids to get out of the way,

but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love does not give only to those

who are able to give in return;

but rejoices in giving to those who cannot.



Love bears all things,

believes all things,

hopes all things,

and endures all things.

Love never fails.
   



Video games will break,

pearl necklaces will be lost,

golf clubs will rust;

but giving the gift of love will endure.



Author: Sharon Jaynes

Taken from "Celebrating a Christ Centered Christmas"



I really enjoy Dr. Charles Stanley's teachings from the Bible. Here is what Dr. Stanley shared today in his devotional. It is called The Gift of Christmas.


Have a beautiful day my friends. I hope find yourself in the Christmas spirit. Count your blessings today!


No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family