Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Fun






It certainly is a Marvelous Monday, but today I will be sharing about our fun fall Sunday afternoon at the pumpkin patch! Yesterday, Rich and I took Robbie on his very first visit to a pumpkin patch!


My parents, Grandma Robin and Grandpa Ray went with us.

As a child, I can remember the joy of going to a pumpkin patch as a family. It was my mission to choose the perfect pumpkin!


Well.. this year it was Robert's turn! My Mom told us about a whimsical little pumpkin patch in the city of La Verne. The pumpkin patch was located on the property of an old working ranch.


Yesterday was the perfect day for picking pumpkins! It was a beautiful, sunny fall day. The sky was clear with just the hint of a breeze. Brightly colored orange, yellow and green leafy trees lined the road leading to big, bold, beautiful orange pumpkins! The pumpkins were scattered about. Some of the pumpkins were on top of bales of hay.

The house was called The Weber House. The Weber House was built in the 1880's.The house has a beautiful turn of the century barn and citrus Ranch. Tge home is located on a 1 1/2 acre lot. Here we are pictured above, standing on the front porch of the home.

Robert loved looking at and inspecting each pumpkin. Every time I picked up a pumpkin, Robbie's eager little hands reached out to grasp it. I think he enjoyed looking at the bright orange and coral colors and running his little hands along the bulbous curves of the pumpkins!


This fun little pumpkin patch also had a few farm animals.

Robbie enjoyed looking at the animals, as Rich and I told him the name of each animal and the sounds that they make.


Over the past few weeks I have been reading this book on baby farm animals to Robert. He loves to hold the book and giggle at me making the snort, quack and moo sounds of the animals!

I thought the baby chicks were precious. :)
Gobble, Gobble . . .
Robert really got a kick out of this guy!

And here is our little man practicing his riding skills.




My two happy boys . . .

At the end of a perfect day!




]Blessings, Sarah




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

Summer said...

oh my goodness i LOVE the hat!! looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Making The Most of Each Day said...

We had one of those "Hallmark" days, and I thank God for it!
Summer, Sarah and I said we could just imagine you walking out of the front door of that ranch house calling us inside for one of your fabulous meals. Hey, you already have the piggy, the chickens, and the hard-working ethics. Maybe one day Robbie will visit his Auntie Summer at her ranch and he can play with your future babies! It was wonderful seeing you guys at the Dedication party. Thanks for all the help! :)

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family