Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lately. . .

On The Home Front. . .
It's almost Friday! What are your plans for the weekend? We are taking our little one to a Pumpkin Patch on Saturday! I am so incredibly excited to go pick out pumpkins and spend time with my two special guys.

I finally feel like my house is all unpacked and officially our home! Next week I will be putting up pictures of each room in our home ( for all of our out of state friends and family). :) Here is our front porch. My Mom and I completely stripped down, painted and antiqued the two large flower pots.





Some Me Time For Mama . . .

It has been Non-Stop go, go GO around here!! Yesterday, I was invited by one of my sweet neighbors and new friend to a Marine Wives Coffee here in our neighborhood. I had a wonderful time and so did Robert. It was so nice to get out and meet other Marine wives and Mamas. I look forward to joining them in the weeks to come!




While at the coffee, some of my new sweet friends were telling me about their MOPS group. For those of you who aren't familiar with MOPS it stands for Mothers Of Preschoolers. MOPS is a Bible study, fellowship and place for moms with young children to connect, learn and share in the word of the Lord. Today, I attended my first MOPS meeting and had a blast! What a great bunch of ladies.

In The Kitchen . . .



About a month ago, Rich and I bought a new dining room table set. We are beyond excited about our beautiful new dining set because it is one of those "Officially Grown-Up" purchases we had been saving for. Haha, Finally all of our chairs match!!! We have been making an effort to sit down and eat dinner at our table, in our dining room every night. No T.V, No fast food, baby asleep, cell phones off and no distractions, just pleasant conversation. I have to tell you, it has been such a nice and welcomed change. Rich and I are usually both in such a rush that it is nice to take a little time to enjoy each others company. So, in an effort to make a warm and comforting meal to eat at our table, I decided on the following... On Wednesday evening I made this excellent and completely wonderful Panini!!!! It was a fabulous blend of Prosciutto, Mozzarella, tomatoes and creamy Cranberry Apple Butter!!! Umm . . . Yes please!

I decided to serve it with a Tomato Bisque soup!


Oh and this is will be your new best friend! From Trader Joe's... where else??

I needed new jars to store my flour and sugar in. So, I went to Target and found these crisp, clear jars on sale or $ 5.99 a jar!! I came home, got out my embossed scrap book letters and put the words on each jar. I am quite happy with my new little jars, who by the way have found their home in our kitchen next to Pooh Bear. :) Ahh the simple things of life!



I wanted to let you all know that I am now writing a monthly column for Marcie on her blog Don't Waste Your Homemaking. My post topics will be about military wife life from a Christian perspective. Check out Don't Waste Your Homemaking now by clicking the button below. Don't forget to check back on Don't Waste Your Homemaking next Thursday to see my post. :)





Blessings,


Sarah



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family