Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

BOO!!


It's only me . . .

Hello Friends, Happy Halloween!

I hope your day was filled with treats and TONS of Halloween fun! We spent our Halloween evening at home, passing out candy with our little Robert. We plan to take Robbie Trick-Or-Treating next year. This year, I dressed Robbie up as a baby pumpkin. He proudly wore his festive little pumpkin onesie and crocheted hat all around town, while I ran errands.


Here is our little pumpkin!


I told my Mom how much I would love Robbie to have a crocheted pumpkin hat. This is the adorable hat she made for him!


Here we are about to head out for the day to run errands.


Here is Robbie practicing his best "scary Face".
I didn't want Robbie to feel left out about not going trick-or-treating, so I bought him this little goodie bag.
At first, he was curious . . .

Then, he was . . . interested

In the end, his toes got the best of him and proved to be more interesting than my goodie bag.
Later, in the evening, Papa came home and we gave out candy!!!


Here I am with my little pumpkin boo!
Papa with his little man!


I have so many fond childhood Halloween memories !!


Every year, my Dad and I would watch Disney's, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
My Mom painted this Starry Night. It reminds me of Halloween and
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.


My Aunt Becky and I would always watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!


And usually, after I went Trick-or-Treating, we would all go visit Alegria Street in Sierra Madre and look at all the hundreds of carved pumpkins!


I can't wait to carry on these traditions with my little one! I love being able to see all the fun and magical parts of childhood
through my son's eyes!

Have a safe and Happy Halloween! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Robert is so cute, and he has dimples like his Dads! What an adorable little boy! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I wish our kiddos could grow up together as well. Can you imagine what it would be like if we all in Florida now instead of almost 2 years ago? How fun would that be?! I miss those days and talk about them often with Kyle. I hope that someday we can meet up again or even live near each other. I just love the updates on your blog of your family and daily life! Miss you tons!
Love ya,
Lisa

Carla Irene said...

Love our little pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

That last pic of father and son smiling is just TOO cute!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family