Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

36 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights This Week


How Far Along: 36 Weeks and 4 Days With 24 Days To Go!!!! We just got back from the Doctor and Robert is still head down, I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, right on schedule!

Size of Baby: Little Robert is the size of a Crenshaw Melon. He is 18.5 inches long. He weighs about 6 pounds.

Development This Week: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)

Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans, pants and some tops. I LOVE anything stretchy or drawstring at this point along with stretchy dresses and leggings! I'm Startng to feel HUGE haha!!

Gender: We are having a precious baby boy!!! Robert William Christensen


Movement: It feels like this little guy has been doing back flips in my tummy! :)


Sleep: The sleep issues have started in the last week! I toss and turn and just when I get comfortable Rich tells me I'm snoring haha! I'm also having trouble breathing and getting comfortable at night.


What I miss: Ugh!!! I would LOVE a great BIG sub sandwich! I miss my blonde hair :( and the ability to fit into my old clothes and skinny jeans, sleeping on my back and I would LOVE some sweet tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Cravings: This week Italian Ice !


Symptoms: Trouble getting out of bed in the morning while laying flat on my back. ha ha :) A little sore towards the evenings, back pain and I'm always thirsty! Some Braxton Hicks.


Best Moment this week: We had our 36week Dr. visit. Robert's heart sounds great! I have also enjoyed practicing my breathing and relaxation techniques with Rich every night before bed. He is a great coach!


Message to Robert From Mommy: Hi Robbie! I'm so excited I just can't stand it! I have had dreams about you every night this week! I am so in love with you and I can't wait to hold this little person I have been growing for the past nine months. This past week Daddy and I have been talking and praying for you and the man you will grow up to be, as well as for your future wife. Last night Daddy held my tummy and said a prayer over you. He loves you so much already. I'm ready to meet you whenever you are little guy. I love you so, love your Mommy. :)


Blessings, Sarah


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family