Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning & Thankful Thursday (on Friday)

Spring Cleaning

It's Friday!!! I have another full baby shower weekend readers! Hope you have fun plans for this weekend as well! Today, I am combining my thankful Thursday post ( although it is Friday) along with a post on Spring Cleaning.
I am so thankful I have a home to clean! A home that is safe and warm with love and family! As I started to write this Thankful Thursday post, I began to think about the people of Japan and how in an instant everything they knew as home was taken from them! I thought about what that must have been like for them and how tragic it is. Then I began to think about my life. I find that it is often easy to complain "my house is too small", or "their house is bigger", "I want a model home kitchen" etc.... Never happy or content with what we have! So, today friends I am thanking God for what I do have and not what I don't! I believe that no matter how large or small your home is it doesn't matter as long as you have filled it with love, family, friends and things that bring you joy! All of this got me thinking about spring cleaning! I normally do an annual spring cleaning weekend, however this year I am going all out because of the baby coming so soon! I want everything spotless and organized!! I started today and I am taking the next week or so to get our house in tip top shape, which includes putting the final touches on the nursery! Now, being SO pregnant I am taking baby steps and not trying to get everything done in one weekend ( like I normally would). I found this great spring cleaning checklist on Martha Stewart's website and thought I would share it with all of you!
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/spring-cleaning-checklist
Spring Cleaning Projects Week # 1

Laundry In The Christensen Home
Our laudry room below is filled with camo gear and baby clothes. I wouldn't have it any other way and can't wait to have my two boys Rich and Robbie! :)

Today, I started on Laundry which seems to be a never ending task!!! As well as our master bedroom and guest bathroom. I am also sharing with you a cute guest bathroom idea!

Some Quick Laundry Trivi I found On A Blog:

The average American family does 8–10 loads of laundry each week (AHAM). (found here from GE)

A single load of laundry, from wash to dry, takes an average of one hour and twenty seven minutes to complete (AHAM). (found here from GE)

What happens to the germs and bacteria that are in and on our clothing? Does it go down the drain? Go HERE and read about how it DOESN'T.

U.S. consumers wash more than 660 million loads every week, or about 35 billion wash loads a year, totaling 100 million tons of clothes. That translates to 1,000 wash loads started in the United States every second of every day. (found here).

What can you do to keep that Laundry Area Clean?

* Wash hands after sorting laundry

* Wash hands after transferring wet laundry to the dryer

* Launder underwear at the end, not the beginning, of laundry loads

* Use liquid bleach in underwear washloads, if possible

* If bleach is not used, sanitize the machine's surfaces by simply running an empty wash cycle on cold water. Add one cup of bleach to the wash-water.

Cleaning The Master Bedroom
Our master bedroom clean and ready for spring!

Master bath ahead and Robert's Nursery on the right. (Nursery Pics coming soon)



Cleaning The Guest Bathroom


Just a fun tip I thought I would share: I have these two baskets in my guest bathrrom always filled with bodywash, soap, shampoo. airfreshner and lotion. Along with another basket filled with towels. I think this adds a nice welcoming touch for our guests! :)
TYz0KN0phrI/AAAAAdg/DlsfmmPaIOo/s1600/Copy%2Bof%2BP1010266.JPG"> Guest bath tip:
Rich and I stayed at a beautiful hotel a few month's ago. This is how they folded the toilet paper. I was so thrilled over this I took it apart and decided to figure out how to do it. This is how our paper in our guest bathroom is displayed for guests when they first come visit. I think it adds a little class. :)
Step one unroll a few squares of toilet paper.

Begin to scrunch up and fan fold toilet paper.

Now unroll another strip of squares, fold length wise and place around the entire toilet paper roll.
Finally place little fan into the above pocket.
Hope you enjoyed these fun spring cleaning tips! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Blessings, Sarah Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


1 comment:

ASHTON said...

Wow! You got a ton done! Love your bedroom. It's just beautiful. Sounds like you will be all ready for baby very soon!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family