Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Women In The Word Wednesdays A Study On James

Hello Girls!
I am truly enjoying our "Good Morning Girls" Bible study on the book of James! I feel that this study is helping me grow in my faith in the Lord, and teaching me to fully put all of my trust in Him. This is often easier said than done. It can only be done through the Holy Spirit. God cares about each one of us. We need to know that God's way is always the best way for our life. Once, we can realize that, it doesn't matter what trials come our way. The Lord does not promise us a life without trials and hard times. We can rest assured that when we give our life to Him He will get us through the hard times! This is a comfort and a joy to me.
I found this in another study on James by Elizabeth George.

A List Of "Withouts"

Without trials there can be no maturity.
Without clouds there can be no silver lining.
Without clouds there can be no appreciation of sunshine.
Without rain there can be no rainbow.
Without rain there can be no vegetation.
Without the stress of the storm we cannot realize the worth of an anchor.
Without darkness there can be no rest.
Without darkness we cannot see the stars.
Without threshing we cannot use the wheat.
Without injury and irritation the oyster will not produce a pearl.
Without a hammer and chisel the stone cannot become a statue, a work of art, a masterpiece.
Without crushing the flowers there can be no perfume.
Without trials we cannot be like Jesus.

Have a great week "Good Morning Girls" ladies!

Blessings,

Sarah

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Visiting today from GMG. I taught second grade too, before homeschooling. I love Elizabeth George's books too.
Thank you for your husband's service to our country.

Unknown said...

Its wonderful that you are so serious about God's Word. It brings unity to a relationship regardless of whether or not the two are in close proximity.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family