Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Making Baby Burp Coths

Yesterday I went shopping for burp cloths. I noticed how expensive the nice ones are. I thought I would try my hand at making my own. I bought five plain Gerber cloth diapers for five dollars a pack. I took them home and embellished and embroidered them with all things baby! What a fun afternoon! Now I'm obsessed! I plan to make little Robert a burp cloth to match almost every outfit. :) Loving my machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!




My first attempt. An R for Robert.

My next one. Because every baby should be a right baby! ;)

A Burp Cloth Made From Monkey Blanket Scraps
All Opened Up


Up Close





Boogieboard Cottage

5 comments:

Marcie @ DWYH said...

Thanks for linking this up... It's Adorable!!!
Hope to see more of your stuff!

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I love the right baby one. I agree!!! So cute!
creationsbyladeeda.com
Military wives need to stick together. My hero is Lt. Commander in the Navy, fighter pilot. Now in Reserves. Love your blog!

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Hello DWY Homemaking and La-Dee-da Crafter! Thank you! I LOVE both of your blogs and look forward to seeing what you post next! :)

Anonymous said...

I found you on Kelly's Korner! I would love to have you join us over at Society of Socialpreneurs ~ Socialize Your Brand! We support mom owned businesses, mom bloggers, and social media moms! We have a free business directory and free blog directory. Feel free to come by and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend!
Teresa Olvera
Founder Society of Socialpreneurs
http://www.societyofsocialpreneurs.com

Rowena said...

Dear Sarah,Love The Baby Burp Cloths!im the mom of a lil two month old angel n i look up to you as my role model mom!

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family