Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The King's Speech



Last night Rich and I went to see a movie with my parents. It was a spur of the moment idea. Yesterday was a windy blustery day. One of those cold (well for Southern Cali anyway) nights where you just want to throw on some comfy old sweats, curl up with something warm in your tummy and watch a movie. That's exactly what we did! We all piled in the car took votes on where we would eat ( Top's Burger won), and we went to see "The King's Speech".

I absolutely loved this movie and can't even begin to tell you how much I urge you to throw on your sweats, stuff your purse with some treats and run out to see "The King's Speech tonight"!
Here is a brief synopsis on the movie without giving too much away. It is the story of King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne. His battle with stammering and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of the throne.

As a teacher, I found the movie to provide insight to the audience on the everyday life and difficulties associated with individuals who stammer, stutter or have speech impediments. "The King's Speech" is my movie pick for the holiday season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The movie touched my heart!
I fell in love with the speech Therapist's kindness.
A great feel good encouraging TRUE story!
Loved being with you!
Mom

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family