Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, January 15, 2010

New Years and The Rose Parade in Pasadena California





































One of the wonderful perks to going home this year (aside from seeing all of our family and friends) was being able to go to the Rose Parade. A tradition we have both done since we were children! My parents own a second home in Pasadena California about 10 minutes from the home I grew up in located in Monrovia California.

Every New Years Eve it is a tradition in my family to spend it together. Rich and I don't go to big fancy parties. We simply hangout at home with family and friends playing board games and eating all sorts of goodies and treats! We started off on New Years Eve by driving down Colorado Blvd in Pasadena. This is the actual street where the Rose parade takes place. The street is lined with people, bleachers, news vans and food vendors. It's a fun experience to drive down Colorado blvd and just people watch. Most times you can even see the floats lining up for the next day's parade. Afterwards we enjoyed dinner at home and a movie. Every year at midnight my Dad thinks it's fun to run outside just as the clock strikes twelve and blow a tuba! Yes, a tuba (not that he knows how to play, or has ever played the tuba in his life!) It's just an old tuba he picked up at a garage sale. That's my Dad!

On New Years Day Rich and I went to go look at all the rose floats! They are so beautiful up close in person! My parent's other home is just off the parade route where they display all of the floats after the parade. It's very exciting because the celebrities in the parade often are parked in their trailers in front of my parents home. This is always fun for me to be a snooper! ;)

We had a fun New Years day and came home to a Pork loin dinner that my Mom made for us! I had been craving a pork loin dinner complete with potatoes and all the fixings! Bless her heart she made one for us! :)

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family