Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Snuggly Saturday

It was a dreary, crisp, Fall Saturday morning. The kind of day that calls for your favorite pair of sweats, a movie or book and a cup of hot tea ! But not for us, today we had things to do!



Today my Mom, Robbie and I ventured out to the local farmers' market in Pasadena. The market is only a short walk from my new house. It was a rainy, cold and gloomy morning ,s o we decided to drive instead. The market sells everything from fresh fruit and vegetable produce, to cage free, antibiotic free range eggs! 


I was on a mission today to find the best looking and sweetest tasting strawberries I could possibly find! Guess what... I found them! For just $7 for three cartons! 


I also was on a search for beautiful bright red apples ...


I found those as well! 


We happily left the farmers' market with  3 flats of strawberries, 25 apples, more than a dozen eggs and some of the most beautiful and tasty dates that you will ever taste! 


Speaking of dates, Here is my fabulous bacon wrapped date recipe! 
Such a great recipe for the holiday hors d'oeuvres!


So I have to warn you... these are rich and absolutely AMAZING!!! These dates aren't for the faint of heart! If you are dieting, I advise you to skip ahead and forget this recipe ever existed! 
 Otherwise... let's indulge!!!


Ingredients You'll Need : 

 - about 3 to 4 (or more!) per person.
24 dates - seedless, or remove the seeds.
12 slices of bacon - 1/2 slice per date.
2 - 4 ounces of cream cheese - may need more or less, depending on size of the date.
24 wood toothpicks or more - some may break in the assembly.

What You'll Do . . .
Remove seeds from dates if necessary. Stuff each date with cream cheese. Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon, overlapping bacon ends, around stuffed date and hold together by spearing through the date with a toothpick.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange stuffed and skewered dates on a cookie sheet or a large pan. If you have a metal rack for the pan, it's even better for keeping extra grease off dates. Bake until bacon is brown and crispy, about 30 minutes. You will need to turn each bacon-wrapped date a couple of times during baking, so it does not blacken where it touches the pan - dates have such a high sugar content, they may burn if left in one position. 


Drain dates on paper towels for a minute. 
Then serve warm !!!


We went home with all of these things and we only spent $ 25.00!!! 
A very productive morning! 


I am planning and busily working on Christmas baskets for my family and friends... This year, I am making strawberry apple butter preserve.
So you can guess what I started making as soon as I got home this afternoon! 


 Yep! I have yummy strawberry apple butter in the Crock-Pot for the next several hours and the house smells scrumptious! 


 That is it for today friends! Before I go, here are some pictures of the little man that stole my heart practicing his funny faces today in GiGi's craft room! 

Laughing face ...

and Surprised Face! 

Happy Saturday! 
Blessings,

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family