Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, February 4, 2013

A Weekend Review



Happy Monday dear readers!
I hope you all enjoyed a lovely weekend .
Here is a backward review of our weekend!



Yesterday was Sunday, and I made a lovely Pot Roast for my family.
I have decided to start cooking a really big family meal every Sunday. I have so many fond memories of my Mother and Grandmother taking the time to make Sunday's special with church, warm food and the love of a family ...

I aim to someday be as good of a cook as these two women; my mom and Grandmother.

My mom and my Uncle Michael chowing down. I remember so many good times filled with family, laughter and love.
 Can you tell this was in the 1980's?
Get a load of our side pony tails and my mom's frizzed-out hair!
Me, my mom, and my cousins, Marissa and Alaina.

My mother, my Grandpa Robert, myself, Aunt Becky and my Grandma. My mom always made us pose for pictures if she had a camera near by. I am so glad that she did.
I want these same memories for my little one.

So Sunday morning, I fired-up the Crock-Pot, threw all the ingredients in and let the Crock-Pot work it's magic! It was hard to ignore the scrumptious smells coming from the kitchen while the roast cooked for 8 hours! But it was well worth the patience!



Here is my Crock-Pot Pot Roast Recipe



Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes

ingredients:

28 ounce bag of mini potatoes, rinsed and pierced with fork (I used mini-Yukon golds)
1 onion, quartered
2 1/2 pound boneless chuck roast
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
cracked black pepper
1 small bag of carrots (may substitute baby carrots)

directions:

Spray Crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add Potatoes and onion quarters then top with chuck roast. Add onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours. During the last hour of cooking add the carrots, making sure they are submerged in the cooking liquid.
Place some of the meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a bowl and ladle broth on top. Enjoy with some warm crusty bread if desired!




Friday, my mom and Dad, and Robbie and I, went to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena Calif. Just a 15 min. drive from our home. We went especially to view a self portrait by Vincent Van Gogh. The 1889 version was on loan from a museum in New York. There are several self portraits done by him, I haven't ever seen two at one time. What a starry starry night it was for us. We also visited many other paintings done by various artists. I hope for Robbie to be introduced to as much culture as possible.





What a tortured life Vincent had, and what a shame it was that he never was famous during his life time.




                                                          The Almond Tree


                                       Grandpa and Robbie looking at a Monet.


       Robbie and me, looking at a Cezanne
Starry Starry Night By Vincent Van Gogh  (oil)
Starry Starry Night By my mom, Robin (water color)

We were so excited on our way home. We stopped to have dinner at The Hat. GREAT Pastrami!


Chili cheese fries! Shame on us, celebrating Van Gogh.


Robbie, waiting for our ticket number/order to be called!


Time to EAT!~!!!!!!!!!!!




Pucker- Up!! 



Are any of you ladies like me? Constantly in search of the "perfect" red lipstick?



I just love the 1950's early 1960's retro red lip and nail color! I think it is positively fabulous and creates such a smart look. 




I mean look at this gorgeous red that Elizabeth Taylor has on in this picture! 



Well this past weekend I found it! The "perfect " red . . . not too orange, not too dark , just a plump and brilliant red by Revlon! 
Certainly Red is the color!  






I thought any of you retro- dressing 1950's wanna-be girls like me might enjoy this info.

Have a Happy Monday!
Blessings,



2 comments:

letty said...

Looks like you had a great time with your family at the museum. I see where you got your looks and talent your mom is beautiful!! And that pot roast looked so good i'm going to try it out for sure, thank you or sharing. As for red lipstick, i love it and hav always wanted to wear it but i'm to scared to wear it i just don't think it would look good on me but, it looks really good on you!! Take care xoxoxo

Anna said...

Starry, Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings.

I love the section you did on lipstick. I've always preferred lip gloss, but I definitely love the look that red lip stick gives. Now to find my shade. ;) I may be able to pull off the one you found, I have dark hair and a similar complexion. It's worth a shot, right?! :)

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family