Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

How To Marry A Millionaire


I'm talking about the movie of course, this is not a post to encourage all of you single gals to marry for money!
It's Saturday evening and my Mom, my Aunt Becky and I have been watching a great old movie, as we often do on Saturday evenings when Rich is out of town.

Tonight's movie choice was brought to us by the Turner Classic Movie Channel. It was a classic Marilyn Monroe picture called; " How To Marry A Millionaire". For those of you who haven't watched this sassy little film, it's about three women set out to find eligible millionaires to marry, but find true love in the process.

I am a HUGE Marilyn Monroe Fan and so is my Mother. I love everything about her, she was just absolutely adorable! I think Marilyn had a good heart, she seemed to have a sadness about her.

Betty Grabel also starred in this film. Betty Grabel was a fabulous actress, dancer and singer. Grable was celebrated for having the most beautiful legs in Hollywood . Betty starred in many famous movies, but among them was a 1939  film called; "Million Dollar Legs", memorable not because it was a great film, but because its title presaged the day when Grable’s legs became insured with Lloyd’s of London for over $1 million. However, (In the film, the pricey legs belong to a racehorse). “There are two reasons I’m in show business,” Grable once quipped, “and I’m standing on both of them.” :)


The photo above is one of Grabel's Iconic Pin-Up poses. In fact, she decided to turn her back to the camera, because she was actually pregnant when this pictures was taken. I wish I had looked that GREAT when I was expecting!!!!!! :)

 Grabel was the number one Pin-Up girl during the WWII era. With ruby red lips, beautiful legs,  lengthy lashes, and a peek-a-boo hairstyle, Grable was the ultimate Pinup!
Last, but certainly not least to star in this movie was Lauren Bacall. Lauren Bacall was an actress and model who was know for her distinctive husky-voice and sultry looks.

One of the things I truly enjoyed about the movie this evening was looking at all of the beautiful clothing worn throughout the movie! Such feminine, classic, gorgeous clothes!!

The ensembles worn by the actresses of "How To Marry A Millionaire" were all created by Travilla. He got his start in the film industry in the early 1940's. He often worked with Marilyn Monroe and even did some of the costumes on the hit 80's TV show Dallas.


This is my favorite dress of all!

I absolutely loved how well each actress was accessorized and so put together throughout each scene of this movie. I believe classy dressing is an art which we are slowly losing. 
That's all for tonight.
Blessings

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family