Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

An Afternoon At Charming Charlie's




I just introduced my mom to a great little costume jewelry store at The Santa Anita Westfield Mall in Arcadia Ca. She is NOT a Mall shopper, but I got her there because I had to go to William Sonoma. My mom makes her own jewelry however, she was like a kid in a candy shop, or a duck in water; she was completely in her element at this store.


Think of every luscious color you can imagine. This place has little corners, vignettes of; say for instance RED. Everything in that corner is red: necklaces, earrings, hats, clothes, scarves, rings, shoes, purses etc... There are sunglasses, eyeglasses, pins and much more for each color under the sun. I wish this place had been available for my Prom or Wedding. Most items are under $20.00!!!!

My mother was so impressed with the hats, she said she remembers wearing hats for the Holidays as a child. We tried on hats and had a blast. I have decided to wear more hats. I hope I can encourage you, my readers to do so also. When I was living back East, I noticed how very feminine the women were. Some of them wore hats and gloves and beautiful shoes to church services. It was a delight watching them.

I love this look for a summer or fall afternoon!


Here is one of my new hats !
Orange seemed to have been THE COLOR OF THE SUMMER! I hope this color continues to be available as we approach fall. Because this little bracelet just found a home in my wardrobe!! :)

Go check out a Charming Charlie if you can find one near you. Just the colors alone will wow your senses! :)

Charming Charlie's are located in the following states. Or, you can log on to charmingcharlie.com to search for a store near you!

Charming Charlie Stores

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Chic-Fil-A said...

Put in your oversized mouth all the chicken you can and then Ham it up with photos -- wearing hat.

Unknown said...

Sarah, you have always looked so beautiful in hats. Didn't you wear thar one to the tea when mom and I came? We really are going to have to go the kentucky derby together one year; if only to wear our hats :). Love you much, carla

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family