Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday Fun With GiGi

Ahh Saturdays! I love Saturdays ...  because it's a day to rest, sleep-in, make pancakes, enjoy family time and my favorite, Yard Sales!!!

Yes, I cannot pass by a good yard sale. You wouldn't believe some of the bargains I have found in the past. I inherited my love-affair with yard sales from my Mom, she always comes up with the best finds!

Rich has been out of town for the past few weeks, so Robbie and I spent this Saturday with my mom, Grandma Robin( or, as Robbie has fondly started calling her, "GiGi"). I just love hearing the excitement in his little voice when he sees her and says in a very proud little voice, "GiGi, GiGi" . . . just too cute!

Here is my little man just waking-up in the car all ready to go Yard Sale Hunting with Mommy and GiGi!

Last Saturday, GiGi, Robbie and I went to a June Fair at The British Home in Sierra Madre, Ca. The British Home is a "very unique life care facility. It was formally opened in 1931 by a group of British women affiliated with The Daughters of the British Empire (D.B.E.) in the Western District. Their vision of a place where elderly people could be cared for in a warm and kind environment continues to this day. On September 22, 1931, Sir John Adams, Consul General of Great Britain, formally opened the British Home. Mrs. Florence Shaefer of Long Beach donated the money for the second resident cottage. The cottage was named after her, and this building today houses nine residents. Its front verandah, facing Manzanita Avenue, provides a cool and shady spot in the late afternoon. In 1934, Mr. Harry J. Foskett of Pacific Palisades donated the money necessary to purchase the lot behind Shaefer Cottage, which fronted on Ramona Avenue, and built the nine room cottage which is there today."

I bought Robbie the most adorable little suit! It is a size 3T, so it will be a few years before he is able to wear it, but I just couldn't pass by the great bargain price of eight bucks! Yes, EIGHT DOLLARS for a Jack And Jane Suit Coat, Pants and long sleeve shirt!


 Later in the day, GiGi bought Robbie a little baby pool to play with in the backyard! I think these pictures say it all, Don't you?! :)







A few months back, Robbie and my Mom planted two trees in her backyard.One Lemon Tree and One Lime Tree This week they were so excited to find the first signs of life from the trees! little baby Lemon and Limes that is!!!






We have had one happy, busy and tired little boy!

Blessings,
 Sarah

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family