Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Friday, December 2, 2011

CrAzY Wind

The photo above was taken from a local home in my parent's town.



Hello Friends! We just regained our electricity/ power out in the Pasadena area. After being without power since Wednesday, due to the CrAzY Santa Ana winds!!!

I have spent a few days at my parent's home this week, in Monrovia Ca.


Well, late Wednesday evening we experienced a Santa Ana wind storm like no other!!!


We had winds reaching 100 miles per hour! Our electricity went out, and we have spent the past few days with no heat. My parent's home had only minor damage. However, my parent's also own a rental home just a few miles away, in Pasadena Ca. The rental home had an Oak tree fly through the large front leaded glass window! Most of the Pasadena area has been declared to be a disaster area. So many homes have suffered damages from this wind storm. As you drive through the streets in my parent's town you will find roads closed and blocked by large, fallen Oak Trees, some trees fell on top of houses and even crushed the cars on the street. Please keep the families in our area in your prayers tonight. Many of theses families are still without heat, water and electricity.

Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family