Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday


It's 11:45 p.m on Thursday evening, just 15 minute shy of midnight and the start of a new day. My little boy is safely tucked in and sound asleep, my Marine is asleep and getting up for work in less than 4 hours and I am blogging! Today was a busy, yet productive day!



I am thankful today for my life in general!

This morning I woke up to a happy, smiling little boy! There is no greater joy than looking into the face of your smiling child !! When this little guy smiles my whole world lights up!!! :)


This evening , I had my first Junior League of Pasadena meeting. I have been a member of the Orange County Junior League and I recently transferred my membership to the Pasadena area league. The Pasadena area is where I grew up, it is home and comfortable to me.







The Pasadena Junior League House Where Meetings Are Held



I truly enjoyed tonight's meeting and met so many wonderful, caring women, who do so much for their community. I am in the process of choosing and submitting my request to be placed on a volunteer committee for the 2011-2012 league year. Tonight, the league members shared about each volunteer committee and I was blown away by all of the delightful opportunities to serve. I am interested in the literacy program ( helping young mothers teach their children to read.) I am thankful for this group of kind, faithful women who have a servant's heart! :)


Hope your Thursday was great! Goodnight friends!! :)

Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family