Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sewing Saturday & Thomas Kinkade


Hello Lovelies!
Happy Sewing Saturday! I hope some of you have enjoyed crafting and working on your beautiful creations this week.

Today, I am sharing my love of art! I love to paint, although I am quite an amateur. I think I inherited this love and I hope some talent, from my Mother's Mom, my Grandma Vera. Grandma Vera was a wonderful and loving grandmother; not only was she a wonderful seamstress, she was also a very gifted and talented artist, her preferred medium was oil. My Mother has definitely inherited this talent, she works with both oil and watercolor and her work is superb!

A year ago or so, my Mom and I went to a gallery in our town to meet Thomas Kinkade. In my opinion, Thomas Kinkade is one of the great American artists of our time. We were fortunate to be able to view his work, meet him, and have him sign our books!




Here I am meeting Mr. Kinkade.


Mr. Kinkade signing my book




Not too long after meeting Mr. Kinkade, I became inspired by his beautiful artwork and decided to try my hand at oil painting. I painted this for my husband, as a graduation gift after his commissioning as an officer in The Marine Corps. The training took place in the Washington D.C area. So, I thought this painting was fitting. It is my rendition of Thomas Kinkade's painting, "America's Pride".

Below is my rendition. This was my first time ever working with oil paint.



Please share what you have created this week!!


Blessings,


Sarah



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your photo is beautiful!
Jaime

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family