Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

34 Weeks and 5 Days


I'm 34 Weeks and 5 days Pregnant With 37 Days To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Pregnancy Highlights This Week


We had a Doctors appointment on Tuesday. Robert is head down ready to go! I'm praying he stays this way for the next month. :)

How Far Along: 34 weeks and 5 days! Only 37 days to go!!!!!!!


Size of Baby: Little Robert is the size of a large cantaloupe. He is 17 inches long. He weighs about 5 pounds.
Development This Week: Robert now weighs about 5 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans, pants and some tops. I LOVE anything stretchy or drawstring at this point along with stretchy dresses and leggings! I'm Staring to feel really BIG!!


Gender: We are having a precious baby boy!!! Robert William Christensen

Movement: I love to feel him move!!!!!


Sleep:The sleep issues have started in the last week! I toss and turn and just when I get comfortable Rich tells me I'm snoring haha!


What I miss: Ugh!!! I would LOVE a great BIG sub sandwich! I miss my blonde hair :( and the ability to fit into my old clothes and skinny jeans, sleeping on my back and I would LOVE some sweet tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!


Cravings: This week water and Goodhumor Strawberry shortcake ice cream bars!!!

Symptoms: Trouble getting out of bed in the morning while laying flat on my back. ha ha :) A little sore towards the evenings, back pain and I'm always thirsty!


Best Moment this week: I had my second baby shower last Saturday which was so much fun! On Tuesday I had my 34 week Dr. Appointment. Robbie's heart rate was a solid 145 and he is head down!!!!


Message to Robert From Mommy: Hi my little man! We had a busy week! Auntie Summer and Aunt Becky gave us a big baby shower! I can't wait for you to meet everyone who came to the shower! You are so loved little guy! Daddy and I went to the Doctors on Tuesday and we listened to your strong heartbeat! Dr. Kong said you have an excellent strong heart rhythm! You are also head down ready to go little one. Let's try to make it another month. I'm getting to where I can't wait to meet you, hold you and kiss your sweet little face. Grandma Robin gave me two photos for your nursery. One is of Daddy when he was a little boy and the other photo is of me when I was a little girl. I hope you look just like your Daddy! You will love Daddy, he talks to you every night, and kisses Mommy's tummy every morning before he leaves for work and every night when he comes home. You will have so much fun with Daddy, he has big plans for you two! Just 37 more days kiddo! I'm hoping you and I will be a team during labor, I'm counting on you to help Mommy through! Love you so much Mommy :)


Daddy when he was little.

Mommy as a little girl.



Blessings,

Sarah

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family