Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Weeks Pregnant !


I'm 30 Weeks !!
Here I am 30 weeks pregnant and feeling happy, fat and sassy!

Pregnancy Highlights This Week:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks and overjoyed!

Size of Baby: Little Robert is the size of a squash. He is 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. He weighs about 3 lbs 12 oz.

Baby Development This Week: Robert is surrounded by a pint and a half of amniotic fluid, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans, pants and some tops. I LOVE anything stretchy or drawstring at this point along with stretchy dresses.

Gender: We are having a precious baby boy!!! Robert William Christensen

Movement: I have a busy little bee growing in my tummy! I love my little guy so much!!!

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well, thanks to my awesome pregnancy pillow! A little more aches and pain, but it's all worth it!

What I miss: Ugh!!! I would LOVE a great BIG sub sandwich! I miss my blonde hair :( and the ability to fit into my old clothes and skinny jeans, sleeping on my back. However, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Cravings: Mike's Jersey Subs Provolone, veggie sub. Oh my goodness!!! I could eat these everyday of the week!!! :) The new one this week Cuties Mandarin Oranges.

Symptoms: Trouble getting out of bed in the morning while laying flat on my back. ha ha :) A little sore towards the evenings, and back pain.

Best Moment this week: Enjoying my little guy keep me company all day with his kicks, flips and turns.

Message to Robert From Mommy: Hi my sweet pea! You and I have been having so much fun this week! You have been moving all the time and I am so thankful for every movement! Today, we had lunch with Auntie Summer and Grandma Robin. I talked to Daddy this morning and he asked all about you. Daddy told me he can't wait to hold you and kiss you. This week I am washing all of your baby clothes and Grandpa Ray and Grandma Robin are going to help me set up your nursery. Grandma Robin has been hard at work painting your dresser and changing table as well as making you all sorts of things! Your Grandpa Ken is working very hard on making your crib and Grandma Carla bought you a bassinet. You are so loved and wanted by everyone. Daddy will be home in 10 days and guess what? We will get to meet you in a little less than 10 weeks!!! I'm praying for you my sweet boy! Love you so much Mommy. :)

Blessings,
Sarah

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

6 comments:

Summer said...

Can't wait to meet you little Robert! Love, Auntie Summer

E. said...

Hi from a random Canadian reader! I LOVE your darker hair. Looks much more natural and rich looking. You are a beautiful pregnant soon-to-be mommy! Good luck on the pregnancy and delivery!

Unknown said...

You look adorable girl! Little Robert will be here before you know it!! Hugs

Lipstick, Uniforms and bare feet....The Tremblays said...

You are so cute pregnant! :) I thought I was following your blog, but realized I wasn't. I am now! Becoming a mother is awesome! Good luck! Only a few weeks left.

Anonymous said...

you must be disappointed you're having a boy though.

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Thank you for all the kind comments ladies. To anonymous no I am not disappointed for one moment that I have been blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby boy! Little Robert is just who I wanted and I can't imagine life without seeing his sweet face everyday.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family