Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Weighing In Mr. Blackwell

Happy day after The Oscars friends!



Did any of you watch last nights Academy Awards? I sure did! Today, I am posting on my favorite gowns and moments from last night's show.


Best Oscar Moment:
First, I must say how excited I am that Colin Firth won Best Actor for The Kings Speech! As well as The Kings Speech winning Best Picture! Definitely the best moment of the evening for me. If you have not already seen this movie I urge you to run out this weekend and catch it while it's still in theatres!!

Worst Oscar Moment:

While Colin Firth was a class act when accepting his Oscar for Best Actor, I found Melissa Leo's acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actress to be crude and ill educated. I mean do we really need to drop the F-bomb on stage in front of millions of people? Melissa, you were being honored for your work, show some intelligence, class and grace.

Our Oscar Hosts:

Speaking of last night's show. What did you think of Anne Hathaway and James Franco's hosting ability? Did you like them? Would you want to see them host again? Were they funny? I wasn't so impressed with their hosting ability. Overall, I would have rather seen a comedian like Steve Martin or Conan O'brien host. However, I will say I did think their opening act was pretty funny! Okay, enough on that... let's talk fashion!

Let's Talk Oscar FASHION !!!


My absolute favorite dress of the evening was the dress Mandy Moore wore during her performance from the movie Tangled! It was a beautiful, rich blue color and I found it to be so classic, a perfect example of "old Hollywood". This is the best picture I could find of it.


Next, I loved Mila Kunis' dress! She was wearing Belie Saab Haute Couture. The dress was so dainty and feminine. I also loved the violet color!


Finally, Because I'm pregnant and very aware of maternity fashion, I thought Natalie Portman's gown was elegant and beautiful. The plum color was gorgeous!


Also, as a side note. I thought Amy Adams looked adorable! I wasn't so in love with her dress style ( the short sleeves and high neckline) but, I loved the color and form. I had to post her pic from last night. :)

I'm not really a fan of Oprah, but I do occasionally like to watch her show because of her guests. Don't forget today on Oprah she will be having her After The Oscar show to recap last night's event! :)


Blessings,

Sarah

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family