Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Celebrating With Paula Deen Almond Danish Swirls

I know in the past I have shared on here how much I LOVE Paula Deen! I was even lucky enough to meet her a few years ago at a book signing. I often make her recipes.

I found out Today that I PASSED my glucose test on the first try!!!! So, in celebration I am calling an all out Paula Deen day of treats!!! :) This particular recipe is fabulous! A MUST try!!!

Here I am with Mrs. Paula Deen a few years ago.
The flash blurred me out a bit. I have this picture framed in my kitchen! :) ">

Paula Deen Almond Danish Swirls


Ingredients

6 ounces Cream cheese softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped fine
2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water

Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, almond extract, and sugar until fluffy. Fold half of the chopped almonds into the cream cheese mixture. Separate 1 can of dough and assemble into 4 rectangles. Firmly press the perforations to seal. Press or roll each piece of dough to form a 7 by 4-inch rectangle, and spread each with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling to within 1/4-inch of the edges. Starting at the short end, roll each rectangle tightly into a cylinder. Repeat with the other can of dough and remaining filling.

Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F while the rolls are chilling.

Remove from the refrigerator and cut each roll into 4 slices. Place 1/2-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the egg white with 1 teaspoon water. Brush over the swirls. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped almonds. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until light brown.

While the swirls are baking, combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Cool the swirls for 3 minutes on wire racks placed over a sheet of waxed paper. Drizzle the icing over the warm swirls.

Blessings,

Sarah
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

3 comments:

Sarah beth said...

That is awesome that you met her!

Love this recipe! Thank you!!

Rich and Sarah Christensen said...

Hi Sarah!
Thanks, yes you will love it! :) Thanks for stopping by! )

Unknown said...

YUM...I love both almond and cream cheese. These might be dangerous :)

Blessings!
Gail

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family