Instagram

.

.

We thank you for taking the time to visit our blog.

My husband and I are a young, growing, Christian, military family. My husband is a Captain in The United States Marine Corps. I am a former Elementary school teacher. We are first time parents to a beautiful little two year old boy, with twin boys on the way! I am a stay at home Marine wife, who loves to bake, cook, sew and craft! I enjoy being a Domestic Engineer. The purpose of this blog is to document the story of our life and adventures as they take place.


We are honored to be serving our country and ask for prayer in our upcoming adventures. We have been blessed tremendously, and thank God everyday for all he has given us!

.


.

.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sewing On A Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Today was another rainy Sunday. The kind of dreary afternoons that is just perfect for crafting! I LOVE to listen to all my favorite songs on Pandora radio, drink a hot cup of tea and sew!

So, today's project consisted of making something from my leftover fabric scraps that were left from a burp cloth I made earlier in the week. I love to make the best use of my fabric, this way I can turn one yard of material into two sewing projects. Dave Ramsey would be SO proud of me ;). This is my first attempt at creating a bib without a real pattern ( I drew this pattern just off the top of my head). Here is the creative process.



The bib pattern I drew.

First I iron the material.

Then I use chalk to trace the bib pattern onto the fabric.


Next, I pin out the bib.

Now, I cut the bib.


All ready for me to sew.

Ta Da All Done! I had to try it on our cat Maverick for size. I figured if the bib fits a 14 pound cat it will certainly fit a newborn baby boy! ;)

Maverick doesn't seem too pleased.

I later made these two burp cloths using a few final scrap remnants of fabric.






No comments:

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family